Talk

Advanced search

Question about colostrum?

(6 Posts)
Littlemissvictoria1990 Tue 17-Oct-17 20:34:06

So I'm torn between deciding whether the tiny beads of white balls I've found just sitting on my breasts are residue from our washing powder, or colostrum. I have not had a positive test yet but I am on cd45 with no period and have experienced most preg symptoms. Even though they come and go. The most recent one has been sore nipples! Our of curiosity I crushed one of the balls between my nails to see if it would break because it was quiet hard and it turned to powder. Any ideas ladies?

BandhaAid Tue 17-Oct-17 20:35:16

I can't imagine colostrum being hard or powdery, it's actually a thick yellow liquid. Squeeze your nipples and see what comes out.

BandhaAid Tue 17-Oct-17 20:35:38

Oh, and do a preg test!

Polly99 Tue 17-Oct-17 20:36:39

Colostrum is yellowy and clear, rather than white.

You may have leaky breasts, but I'd think if you are pregnant you'd have a positive test by CD45 (unless you ovulated v late). Do you know when you ovulated.

TiramisuQueenoftheFaeries Tue 17-Oct-17 20:38:23

Colostrum is yellow, thick and sticky and I can't see it forming balls. It also doesn't tend to come in until week 20 of pregnancy or so. The balls sound like washing powder.

RosyPony Tue 17-Oct-17 20:39:31

That doesn't sound like colostrum, it's a clear or slightly cloudy sticky fluid, I speak as the currently leaky voice of experience!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now