Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

What’s the worst/most ridiculous “advice” you’ve been given?

(3 Posts)
Bubblegum89 Tue 17-Oct-17 00:11:38

I can’t sleep because the wind is crazy outside so I was just curious. People who know you’re trying to get pregnant, what’s the most horrible and terrible unhelpful advice they’ve given you? Relax and take a holiday is my ultimate favourite!

ParkheadParadise Tue 17-Oct-17 00:33:24

The worst advice I was ever given, by my best friend 25years ago was that you couldn't get pregnant the first time you had sex. She knew this 100% having seen a doctor discuss in on TV.confused According to her it was actually impossible.

We were both 15 and I was pregnant, but didn't know it at the time. I believed her and worse so did she.

25years later, we're still bf's but I do like to remind her from time to time when she tells me something she believes to be fact of her stupid fucking advice when we were kids. Can laugh about it now, but at the time I was terrified.

physicskate Tue 17-Oct-17 07:00:09

My sister, who took three months to conceive when I’d been ttc about a year and a half: well my friend got pregnant with one ovary.

And then: a year and a half isn’t very long. Tell me what it feels like when you’ve gone through the constant ups and downs!!

I’ve had two chemicals...

And yesterday they found a fibroid (which is likely to have no impact, but they didn’t tell me much).

And a few months ago they found pco.

Tell me again how I should be feeling, sis?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now