Advanced search

I know I'm being ridiculous

(13 Posts)
Ginzella Mon 16-Oct-17 17:35:14

But is it possible to feel pregnant at 2 days post ovulation?

Spots on face (don't usually get them)
Sore, bigger boobs
Fluttering around pelvis

Last time I conceived I had the same early 'signs' I think. It's our first cycle ttc # 2 and all plans to be laid back about it are firmly out of the window.

It's going to be a long two weeks!

BandhaAid Mon 16-Oct-17 17:55:25

There is a rush of progesterone after an egg is fertilised but there is also a rush of progesterone before a period, so the signs you're experiencing could well be period signs, unfortunately. I had exactly the same things last month from 2dpo and they were signs I never usually had but, lo and behold, AF arrived at 13dpo. Bear in mind that an egg does not implant until 5 to 12 dpo and this is when most women can expect to have symptoms.

Gem173 Mon 16-Oct-17 18:12:23

Don't worry I feel the same. I'm 3 dpo today and had bad cramps this morning, with bleeding when urinating (not enough to need a pad). Really hoping it's not AF booking in her holiday lol!

Ginzella Mon 16-Oct-17 19:06:33

Thanks both. I can't believe how preoccupied I am with it already.

Rationally I know its a long shot as I skipped a few days of OPKing last week and then just caught a surge on Friday which disappeared the same day. DTD that day but not since (we were staying with my parents this weekend and couldn't bring myself to!).

Ah well, it'll be what it'll be and next month I'll be a bit better at tracking things and might treat myself to some Preseed as it worked first go last time.

Fingers crossed for you both too!

Are either of you on any of the buses or other TTC threads? Feel like I might need somewhere to channel the crazy this time round.

Bubblegum89 Mon 16-Oct-17 19:21:36

It’s highly unlikely it means anything. After fertilisation, an egg won’t implant into around 7-10dpo. So even if you conceived you wouldn’t technically be pregnant at 2dpo. The worst part of ttc is the horrible progesterone symptoms that mimic common pregnancy symptoms! Also even if you get a symptom you feel is unusual for you, it really doesn’t mean all that much. Symptoms change month to month. I’ve been ttc almost a year and some months I have no symptoms at all, some months I have every symptom going, other months I have symptoms I don’t normally have. It’s all very frustrating!

Gem173 Mon 16-Oct-17 19:51:38

Nope not on the buses but have made some threads of my own

BandhaAid Mon 16-Oct-17 20:54:09

I'm on the November bus

Gem173 Mon 16-Oct-17 21:03:21

Due to test in 9 days according to Ovia app, fingers crossed!

Ginzella Tue 17-Oct-17 13:01:32

Gem- I think I'll be testing a couple of days after you. Fingers crossed!

Thanks for the reality check Bubble, think I needed it!

Presh12345 Tue 17-Oct-17 14:16:09

I got pregnant first time TTC last April and I know it sounds ridiculous, but I just knew straight away. Sadly it ended in a MMC at 9 weeks. However have been trying since June again and this month is the first month that I have felt the same feelings of "knowing" as before.
I'm absolutely shattered, I'm starving, I'm grumpy and I have a warm and tingly feeling in my tummy.
Time will tell if I'm losing my mind or actually pregnant!!! Due to test this weekend as AF due 23rd!

Gem173 Tue 17-Oct-17 14:19:28

Good luck when testing Presh!

Ginzella Tue 17-Oct-17 16:50:11

Yes, good luck! Please update!

I also became pregnant first month of TTCing last time and the feelings are familiar (but could also be a bit imaginary).

onefortheroadplease Tue 17-Oct-17 16:53:33

3rd month TTC here, just entering my fertile days grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now