Talk

Advanced search

Is it true that sex everyday can be bad??

(8 Posts)
BandhaAid Mon 16-Oct-17 16:51:37

So, I'm cd12 and haven't ovulated yet so we've been having sex every other day, as recommended by the NHS. However, there are some plans, such as SMEP, which recommends doing it everyday, even if only for a few days in a row. Part of me wants to dtd every day for a whole starting from tomorrow (as I should ovulate between cd15 and 18) but the other part of me worries that this could actually be a bad thing. Is there any evidence either way? Thank you.

BandhaAid Mon 16-Oct-17 16:52:25

Everyday for a whole WEEK, that should say

Bubblegum89 Mon 16-Oct-17 17:02:42

No, sex every day during fertile week is fine. As long as you go around 24 hours between each session. Apparently the advice used to be every other day but it has since changed and every other day or every day is fine so long as there are no issues with sperm production.

BandhaAid Mon 16-Oct-17 17:14:45

I see! Thank you, that's really helpful

Bubblegum89 Mon 16-Oct-17 17:24:17

You’re welcome smile I read some study in The Guardian a while back that suggested sex every day was marginally better if possible because of something to do with the immune system. Sperm is treated as a foreign body by a woman’s reproductive system and so the more sex meant building up a “tolerance” to it so our immune systems don’t attack them. I dunno, I’m no scientist lol but basically you can do either smile

BandhaAid Mon 16-Oct-17 17:27:33

That makes sense!

Mrstobe90 Tue 17-Oct-17 05:44:38

We dtd every day in my fertile week and conceived smile try not to worry! Have fun xx

BandhaAid Tue 17-Oct-17 08:42:16

Thank you, we've decided to just go for it :-)

Although DH is working 11 hours today and will be shattered tonight so I don't think there'll be fireworks 😂

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now