Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

False positive

(7 Posts)
winterwinter Sun 15-Oct-17 23:08:02

Hello all, I am not sure if this is the right place as not actually TTC at the moment but would like some advice.

Whilst I am not TTC at the moment I/we will be in a couple of years time. About a year ago I had what I can only assume was a false positive pregnancy test (Superdrug). I never went to drs as didn’t see the point however now am worried that I should have done as this could have indicated a miscarriage. Is it worth me going to the doctors now to see if any investigative work may be necessary?

Mrstobe90 Sun 15-Oct-17 23:33:06

If it was a year ago, I doubt that anything would show up now in tests. If you’re worried though, speak to your gp

JoJoSM2 Sun 15-Oct-17 23:45:32

How long did it stay positive for? Perhaps it was just a short lived chemical? You certainly would have noticed a miscarriage.

physicskate Mon 16-Oct-17 06:58:37

GPs won’t investigate miscarriages until there is a pattern. They are (sadly) quite common. Up to 60% of first pregnancies are chemicals...

Superdrug tests are awful for Evaps/ false positives.

BandhaAid Mon 16-Oct-17 16:26:31

Sounds like a chemical pregnancy

winterwinter Mon 16-Oct-17 18:48:11

Thanks all, I tested positive for about 2 days, then started to test negative and then my period arrived a few days later (my period was about 5 days later than usual if I remember correctly). I didn’t know that chemical pregnancies were so common!

Misssmoo Mon 16-Oct-17 20:46:24

Sounds identical to my chemical back in January xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now