Talk

Advanced search

Angus Cactus

(11 Posts)
Louise142 Fri 13-Oct-17 18:35:53

Hi All,
Has anyone used Angus Cactus to help periods return after stopping birth control? i have been reading lots about the herbal tablet and people have said it has made cycles regular or brought their periods back. I would love to here anyone else's experiences! Thanks

Peanutty86 Fri 13-Oct-17 18:43:24

I’ve been using it since June after coming off HBC in April. It took a while to work but I think it kind of regulates my very long cycles (the one I started taking it was 79 days) to rather normal 35-40 days. I usually take 800mg in the morning and then 400mg in the evening. Stared off with only the morning but I’m not sure if it was enough or if I was just impatient.

Louise142 Fri 13-Oct-17 18:46:59

Apologies for spelling meant agnus castus! silly predictive text😂 Thanks for replying. Are you ttc now as I have read that some people say you shouldn't take them whilst ttc.

Peanutty86 Fri 13-Oct-17 19:25:30

Yes I am TTC. Some people say you should stop after ovulation. Others keep taking it and then lower the dose if they fall pregnant over the first trimester. I’ve read that you’re not supposed to stop abruptly as it could cause miscarriage.

Louise142 Fri 13-Oct-17 20:44:34

I really don't know what to do, want to being on my AF as soon as possible, if it works i will stop taking it after a couple of months. I have already been to me GP and he said leave it 3 weeks and if I still haven't had a period I need to go back to him x

HoldTightPretendItsAPlan Fri 13-Oct-17 21:21:09

I haven't tried it yet, but have a friend who used it and fell pregnant. She was trying to lengthen her cycle, but she swears it was the key.

Louise142 Sat 14-Oct-17 06:24:48

I have just took my first this morning....fingers crossed it works and my AF makes an appearance soon 😀

allegretto Sat 14-Oct-17 06:37:56

I took it for pmt and it really shortened my cycle. After 5 days of taking it I got a period - on day 13 of cycle! I'd be wary of it.

Thisisanoutrage Sat 14-Oct-17 06:46:26

I had a miscarriage then no period for 5 months, googled what I could do to help it along. I took agnus castus and that month fell pregnant.

I also took it when I fell pregnant with my second child.

Ordinarily I have about 3 periods a year so I always thought I'd struggle to conceive. I did see the doctors about this once. Many women in my family have PCOS so I presumed I had the same but the doctor reused to diagnose me with it as I'm not overweight. Instead he diagnosed me with "irregular periods". No shit Sherlock!

I took the liquid form twice a day for the first 14 days of the month.

flumpybear Sat 14-Oct-17 10:16:12

It worked for me TTC I have one child from using it - stopped when found out I was pregnant with her. I took it because my progesterone was a bit low

She’s 9 now

Louise142 Sun 15-Oct-17 09:37:59

I have been taking it for 2 days now, obviously early days at the moment although I do feel like it's doing something- it may be hopeful thinking! I'm hoping my period makes an appearance soon as I'm on day 68 since stopping my pill. My go wants to see me again in a month if AF has not arrived. Thanks everyone for your positive comments

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now