Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Understanding OPK

(3 Posts)
HanSpan1 Thu 12-Oct-17 23:08:52

Good evening all,

So i’m in early days TTC, and i have baught some ovulation testers both POS and digital version. Am i right in saying when i get smily face on the digital test for example thats when me and my DH should be going for it? Or should we go for it a couple of says before i get a positive OPK. Just want to make sure i understand these testa right.

Thanks in advace

McTufty Thu 12-Oct-17 23:10:55

When you get the smiley face, you will be at peak fertility as you are about to ovulate, so yes definitely go for it then!

But it is also worth having sex in days leading up to smiley face as sperm can survive in the bosybfor a few days.

You could google sperm meets egg plan for a schedule, I didn’t do it but I’ve heard good reviews!

ForeverHopeful21 Fri 13-Oct-17 15:01:05

In the early days of trying the test can help you to figure out when in your cycle you are at your peak fertility, so definitely need to have sex when you get the static smiley face! However, ideally you need to be having sex in the days leading up to this, so once you understand your cycles a bit better, you need to be having sex at least every other day in your fertile week - and definitely having sex on the peak day and the day after as well!

The month that I got pregnant we had sex every single day in my fertile week, so pretty much 7 consecutive days of doing it - boring as hell and not remotely romantic but it worked!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now