Talk

Advanced search

Falling pregnant after a coil

(14 Posts)
Emmie89Harper Thu 12-Oct-17 17:49:59

Hay ladies. I due to have my coil removed on the 26/10/17, so me and my OH can try for a baby. I wonder how long will it take me TC, anyone else fallen pregnant after a coil?

Emmie89harper

toomuchfaster Thu 12-Oct-17 18:00:54

About 6 weeks after removal. No period caused a bit of nightmare around dating as no LMP!

PhoenixDown Thu 12-Oct-17 18:18:33

I had my copper coil removed and conceived that same cycle!

TiramisuQueenoftheFaeries Thu 12-Oct-17 18:20:32

Assuming it's a non-hormonal coil, you can get pregnant immediately. That doesn't mean you will though - if you're of normal fertility it could still take you a year. All anyone can tell you is you won't need to factor in time for a normal hormonal balance to establish itself as you might with hormonal contraception.

Babydreaming Thu 12-Oct-17 18:24:50

After the coil came out I had a really long cycle, then a period and then got pregnant! I think it could have happened in the cycle immediately after but was difficult to know when I ovulated so more difficult to know when to try!

LisaSimpsonsbff Thu 12-Oct-17 18:29:39

Hormonal or non? After having my Mirena removed I had two longer than usual (36-40 days) cycles and then seemed to go completely back to normal. It still took me seven months to conceive (and that ended in miscarriage; I'm still trying now) but it seemed to regulate a lot quicker than a lot of women coming off the pill seem to find.

physicskate Thu 12-Oct-17 18:59:35

I had my copper coil out November 2015... still not pregnant. Recently diagnosed with PCOS though even though I have reasonably regular (but quite long) cycles. Now undergoing fertility treatment.

Everyone is different...

sazzle3 Thu 12-Oct-17 19:22:37

I had my cooper coil out in January (whilst on my period) and still not pregnant so I think it just depends on your body really xx

Fannyfannakerpants Thu 12-Oct-17 19:27:54

About a week the first time. 6 months the second. There isn't really an answer I'm afraid. Just enjoy trying.

Emmie89Harper Fri 13-Oct-17 05:16:43

Thank you ladies iv got a Mirena coil in. I still have periods and my coil is coming out when I’m due on, so fingers crossed it doesn’t take to long for my body to get in the swing of things. I will keep my fingers crossed for you ladies that are still trying. smile

beingsunny Fri 13-Oct-17 06:28:56

I got pregnant with the coil so would say immediately on your first cycle grin

HopeItComesLate Fri 13-Oct-17 21:00:38

Hii 👋👋
I went to get my coil out Tuesday and they've lost it 😑 3rd attempt on Wednesday can't wait to start trying. Excuse my name I had a Christmas Day due date last time round x

xyzandabc Fri 13-Oct-17 21:03:19

I had a mirena out and didn't have a period between that and a positive test.

Foreverretro Sat 14-Oct-17 07:43:53

I had my mirena coil out on 3rd September and I'm still waiting for AF to come.

I've had a tonne of symptoms and stuff but a few BFNs now so it's pretty much a waiting game until I hopefully come on and then I know at least something is happening!

Good luck with it - maybe with you still having periods it might normalise quicker for you!!?

It might be useful to start tracking BBT when you come off it as then you will have an idea of when you ovulate - I started that around 10 days ago and wish I'd started straight away!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now