Talk

Advanced search

Advice when TTC

(5 Posts)
Page123 Wed 11-Oct-17 20:42:06

Hi I will try and keep this short 🙂
Both 21, Newly married and we’ve been TTC for 7 months only using a phone app and no luck! I chopped and changed from different brands of mini pills to different brands of combined pills for 2 years as none worked for me and stopped taking them all together 7 1/2 months ago.
After being 8 days late AF decided to show up today 🙃 and was heartbroken because I’ve been regular since coming off the pill so was hoping for October BFP
So I want all and any advice on how people got their BFP?
I’ve only just got AF so want to start completely fresh once she leaves so I’ve ordered some ovulation strips, trying for a baby vitamins and want advice when to start using both?
Please help me lady’s it would just make our 2017! ❤️

physicskate Wed 11-Oct-17 20:51:20

You need to take folic acid for three months before ttc. It’ll happen when it happens. Dtd every other day. It’s very normal for it to take up to a year...

ForeverHopeful21 Thu 12-Oct-17 09:23:57

I took Pregnacare Conception the whole time I was TTC - its a bit pricey but reassuring to know that I was getting all the vitamins I needed. I also took Omega 3 as I knew my diet was a bit low. You need to start taking asap!
I used Clear Clue Ovulation Sticks, again expensive but I found them far easier and less stressful than the cheap sticks. I kept a chart of my cycles and noted as much as possible, so that after a few months I was able to pin point my fertile week and ovulation.

The thing that I believe got me pregnant is that we dtd every single day in fertile week. It was hard work and often we had to schedule it in - not romantic in the slightest but after YEARS of trying, that's what did it! Very best of luck x

thecolonelbumminganugget Thu 12-Oct-17 09:36:14

Pretty much what forever said. Dtd every other day from the end of AF then every day as soon as the opk started to show a rise until a couple of days after it peaked. There's nothing romantic about that much shagging after a while, so we decided to get some concieve + lube and not worry about impressing each other grin. You can save the swinging from the chandelier until you've ovulated and the pressure is off. Also yes to folic acid, I started on pregnacare then moved on to aldi own brand as it's significantly cheaper and you've no guarantee of how long it will take. Good luck!

TiramisuQueenoftheFaeries Thu 12-Oct-17 10:09:23

Have plenty of sex. That's pretty much it.

It often takes several months for the body to normalise post-pill, so unfortunately you just have to hang in there. It's also normal for it to take a year to conceive even for perfectly healthy, fertile people. There isn't really a shortcut. Good luck.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now