Talk

Advanced search

Positive opk ?

(47 Posts)
sazzle3 Wed 11-Oct-17 13:20:04

So I’ve been taking opks this month for about a week and to start with they were non existent only started getting darker around Monday night. The pic below I just taken and the 2nd line appeared before the 1st line ( in person the 2nd line is loads darker) I just can’t seem to get it on a picture. Would u say this is positive? I thought I might of ovulated yesterday coz I had pains in my left side and was losing ewcm but now after taking opk I’m not so sure. I’m still losing ewcm now. I just looked and the 2nd line is loads darker. We have been dtd every other day from start of the month so I really hope this month I get my long waited BFP xx

sazzle3 Wed 11-Oct-17 13:53:07

That’s it now x

Hulaballoo Wed 11-Oct-17 15:18:52

I would yes. 😁 but really I'm no expert..I put mine up the other day but peeps didn't think it was yet... So I'm not 100% but I think it is. GL

sazzle3 Wed 11-Oct-17 15:31:42

@Hulaballoo I think it is aswell this is the darkest it’s been and as I say the 2nd line came up way before the line that is always there. Where any other time I’ve took them this week the 2lime hasn’t appeared for at least 5 minutes. X x

sazzle3 Wed 11-Oct-17 21:41:34

Bump

sazzle3 Thu 12-Oct-17 07:50:26

@Hulaballoo I’m deffo taking this as positive as I’ve done one this morning and it’s back to negative xx

Hulaballoo Thu 12-Oct-17 08:03:23

grinbaby dust!! I had a positive clear blue smiley so I've gone with that together with a strong opk the day before I got the static smiley. Waiting game soon! How many days past ov are you going to carry on dtd?

sazzle3 Thu 12-Oct-17 08:59:50

I’m guessing today is 1dpo with me getting the positive yesterday so I will probably just carry on dtd till maybe Saturday. Xx

Wholenewworld22 Thu 12-Oct-17 13:02:53

I had my first ever positive yesterday too (see photo) and same as you the second line came up almost instantly which has never happened before. It usually arrives after about 5 minutes and then I sit staring at it for another 5-10 minutes trying to work it out grin

sazzle3 Thu 12-Oct-17 13:23:16

@Wholenewworld22 haha yeh I’m normally like that sit looking at it for ages wondering if it’s gonna go darker haha but the 2nd line come up within at least 2-3 seconds and the 1st line took about 10 seconds, just took one about 5 minutes ago and it’s negative (see pic below) so the one I took yesterday was deffo my positive 🙂🙂. Now the next part which I hate is the TWW xx

Wholenewworld22 Thu 12-Oct-17 13:39:29

Oh yeah that's def negative now! I'm at work at the moment so will do one as soon as I get home. Are you temping too? If so your temp should rise today/tomorrow to confirm.

I told myself I wasn't going to do all of this charting/testing business but find it all too fascinating! This is our first month TTC so maybe the novelty will wear off soon

sazzle3 Thu 12-Oct-17 13:45:44

No I don’t have a clue how to do it or what to look for lol. We have been TTC since end of January and I’ve done opks every month up until about July then stopped as it was getting really obsessive but with nowt still happening I decided that start doing them again this month. We have been dtd every other day since start of month, we dtd this morning and will again tomorrow morning so hopefully everything will be ok and when the egg comes there’s sperm there waiting lol ( sorry TMI). I just really want my BFP I hope we both get it this month we will have to keep each other updated xx

sazzle3 Thu 12-Oct-17 14:55:01

So I’m 1dpo tomorrow not today lol I think from what I’ve just read off google lol xx

Wholenewworld22 Thu 12-Oct-17 18:56:14

I've just done another and I think it's still positive?

Wholenewworld22 Thu 12-Oct-17 19:02:54

Sorry to hear you haven't had your BFP yet! Sending you lots of baby dust for this month!
I've only just stopped taking the pill so not getting my hopes up on anything happening straight away (well trying not to anyway)

sazzle3 Thu 12-Oct-17 19:08:51

Yep that’s definitely positive still xx

Wholenewworld22 Thu 12-Oct-17 19:26:27

Is it usual to have positives for more than one day? I thought it would just be one day that it surges?

sazzle3 Thu 12-Oct-17 19:38:45

U might have almost ovulated yesterday and then didn’t and that’s why u are getting another positive today xx

sazzle3 Fri 13-Oct-17 21:42:13

@Wholenewworld22 how are you getting on have u retested is it still positive? Xx

Wholenewworld22 Sat 14-Oct-17 09:52:20

@sazzle3 tested last night and now very negative!! My temps are also up this morning so presume I ovulated on Thursday. Think I'm a day behind you?

Hulaballoo Sat 14-Oct-17 15:34:39

I ovulated Wednesday... My cycle has been long though the last two months...(31 and then 34 days) on Cd 11... Hoping that it's not too early to ovulate.... No idea when to test now as it would make my luteal phase 20-23days!! More like a 3ww ...Argh. Hope all the bd goes well 😁👍

Wholenewworld22 Sat 14-Oct-17 17:42:20

I have sore boobs already!!! Surely that's too early even for AF?!

Hulaballoo Sat 14-Oct-17 23:42:45

I had sore boobs during ovulation still a bit tingly here and there and 3dpo. May just be related to ov... Usually symptoms legitimately start once implantation happens at 7-12dpo... When the hormones are released etc

sazzle3 Sun 15-Oct-17 00:30:49

I'm either 3 or 4 dpo ( it's been a crazy week so not sure lol ). Been getting a few niggles but not much xx

sazzle3 Sun 15-Oct-17 00:33:22

Think I'm more 3dpo as I got the positive on the 11th and then ovulation pains the day after xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now