Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Positive OPK after ovulation?

(5 Posts)
LadyKat567 Tue 10-Oct-17 19:33:08

Hi,

I'm very new to all this TTC stuff. I had a almost positive opk on Thursday which then got fainter on Friday, Saturday and Sunday so assumed I must've ovulated.

I did another one yesterday and if looked a bit darker again and then another one very close to positive again today (Tuesday). What does this mean? Can you have 2 LH surges? I should also say that I'm charting and my temps went up on Friday and FF thinks that I have ovulated. But I thought LH is meant to drop dramatically after ovulation?

Very confusing! Any advice/experience would be greatly appreciated.

NimbleKnitter Tue 10-Oct-17 19:35:52

Could you have hyper ovulation? Meaning you release two eggs?

Are there twins in your family?

LadyKat567 Tue 10-Oct-17 19:36:37

Oh gosh is that a thing??? Yes apparently there were some several generations back

physicskate Tue 10-Oct-17 20:31:06

Are you recently off birth control? Do you have pcos? Or have you been stressed, changed routine/diet? All of these could explain the multiple positive opks as you body can hear up to ovulate, not ovulate and then try again a few days later.

LadyKat567 Tue 10-Oct-17 21:34:03

Yes I'm very recently off birth control, this is actually my first cycle off it. I was kind of expecting some odd things to happen to be honest but thought that the temp rise too seemed to suggest ovulation.

Will see what happens over the next few days I guess!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now