Talk

Advanced search

When's the best time to get pregnant? Use our interactive ovulation calculator to work out when you're most fertile and most likely to conceive.

Miscarriage/pelvic pain

(6 Posts)
Apple313 Mon 09-Oct-17 17:15:56

Hi! I'm new to mums net, I just wanted to see if anybody else has had a similar experience to me.

Back story is that I had an early miscarriage 11 weeks ago (5 weeks &a first pregnancy). I had a large amount of pain and they discovered a large ovarian cyst. The cyst ruptured a couple of weeks later leaving fluid in my pelvic area, causing a large amount of pain. It took 4 scans and admission to hospital for the doctors to treat me for pelvic inflammatory disease (caused by the miscarriage apparently). I had antibiotics on a drip and got sent home with 2 oral antibiotics for 2 weeks. I have definitely improved in myself after a week off work resting - no longer sick, have my appetite back and no longer need codeine/tramadol for the pain. But, it's still just a constant dull ache and with only 4 days of abx left I can't see the pain going any time soon. I've been told that it's caused a small amount of damage to my left tube and I therefore have an increased risk of ectopic pregnancy.

Basically, I'm desperate to move on and start trying again, but right now it's too much of a hostile environment to conceive (also, it can be sexually transmitted so the last thing we want is it to be going back and forth)

I just wondered if anybody else been through a similar thing?? How long will this pain last?

Thanks in advance!

BlueIsTheNewBlue Tue 10-Oct-17 20:18:00

I'm sorry I dont have any advice for you but I couldn't just read and run. It sounds like you've had a pretty horrible time recently, and I hope your pain eases and your able to get back to trying soon flowers

Apple313 Wed 11-Oct-17 08:19:01

@BluelsTheNewBlue thank you for your kind message. Is there anything I can do to boost my post to get more replies? I feel like nobody is seeing this. X

Shehz21 Wed 11-Oct-17 08:21:02

Bumping for you OP ! Hope you start getting more replies soon!

BlueIsTheNewBlue Wed 11-Oct-17 20:24:03

Bumped it again for you X

Apple313 Wed 11-Oct-17 21:40:39

Thank you both very much!! smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: