Talk

Advanced search

PCOS success stories

(12 Posts)
Pickle0 Mon 09-Oct-17 15:47:09

Just got back from the hospital, confirmed PCOS, please share your success stories.

Smashpumpkin Mon 09-Oct-17 16:10:03

I was diagnosed with PCOS 3 years ago. Got pregnant second month of trying and now have a beautiful 6 month old son!

Theresahairbrushinthefridge Mon 09-Oct-17 16:16:39

I was diagnosed with PCOS when I was 24. And I had endometriosis.

I had surgery for the endometriosis.

I have three children. All conceived naturally.
Took me about 9-18 months each time to get pregnant.

It's treatable. You can have babies. I wish someone had said that to me. I was told "double whammy" it is unlikely.

Pickle0 Mon 09-Oct-17 16:55:48

Being very uneducated around PCOS I must admit the first thing I thought of when told I have it was that i will never have children. I have scince spoken to a handful of people that have it and they all have children so it is a sigh of relief.

NC1990 Mon 09-Oct-17 17:07:43

I was diagnosed with PCOS in July 2016, started clomid in December 2016 and conceived in February 2017, our baby is due in 6 weeks!

ineverbakecakes Mon 09-Oct-17 17:56:44

I was diagnosed in my early 30s. I was advised it was insulin resistance related and was initially prescribed metformin. I didn't get on well with that, so a low GI diet was suggested. I have followed this for a decade and am now virtually cyst free (I have few but not classified as polycystic). I have 2 dcs, both conceived within a few months.

ThinkOfAWittyNameLater Mon 09-Oct-17 18:01:53

Yep. Diagnosed at age 13 and told I'd never conceive naturally and that even then, it'd be really difficult, painful and expensive. (This was over 20yrs ago, but still hmm)

Had a condom split a couple of weeks after my mirena coil was removed. Pregnant! It took me six weeks of intense symptoms before I went to the dr to ask what was wrong with me! It honestly hadn't occurred to me that I could fall pregnant. blush

So anyway, time came to try for baby 2. It took 7 months of enjoyable hard work but he's about to turn 1yr.

Doctors kept asking if it was natural conception because I'm heavily overweight to boot.

Don't despair!

GeekyWombat Mon 09-Oct-17 18:10:34

Really don't despair. The diagnosis is shit and horrid but it doesn't necessarily mean you'll never conceive. As my mum constantly reminded me, Jools Oliver has PCOS and she's had four or five kids now I think.

I was prescribed Metformin by my GP as soon as I was diagnosed (I understand this isn't standard now but it was about seven or so years ago). Met and married my husband after long awkward 'I may not be able to conceive, are you sure I'm the woman for you' conversations. Got pregnant with number one within three months of trying, we think number two was within six weeks.

I knew nothing about PCOS when I started and it felt like the world caved in, but it'll be ok. The PCOS Handbook was great for me, there's also lots of online resources.

B1rdinthebush Mon 09-Oct-17 18:12:55

I was diagnosed with PCOS in late 2015 and was told I would find it difficult to conceive. I gave birth to twins in November 2015 having got pregnant the first time we tried!

thecolonelbumminganugget Mon 09-Oct-17 19:13:05

Diagnosed with pcos when I was 21 (35 now) also had ops to remove endometriosis at 21 and 32, persistent problems with bleeding cervix. Got our bfp yesterday after our second month of trying. I have been taking metformin for the last month knowing that it might help. I have had it before a few years ago to help with all the bloody faicial hair, it did nothing for that but I can't really comment on whether it helped us ttc.

AccrualIntentions Mon 09-Oct-17 19:14:28

Took 2 and a half years from diagnosis (although about a year of that was delay for me to lose weight to be entitled to any treatment blush) but eventually got pregnant after 6 cycles of Clomid. Currently 33 weeks and (touch wood) it's been an easy pregnancy.

Pickle0 Mon 09-Oct-17 20:41:40

Lovely to hear all of your positive stories, thanks for sharing!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now