Talk

Advanced search

When's the best time to get pregnant? Use our interactive ovulation calculator to work out when you're most fertile and most likely to conceive.

First time TTC anyone else new to this?

(6 Posts)
hopegg Mon 09-Oct-17 14:11:48

Had my coil taken out on 25th sept-aaah scarey stuff! Was on my AF then so should have ovulated last weekend. Now in my the 2 week wait till I an test. Trying not to think about it, which is impossible! Love to chat to anyone goin through - or gone through this!smile

Peanutty86 Mon 09-Oct-17 14:21:07

🙋🏻 welcome! I’m new to this too, stopped HBC in April and have been tracking my cycle with BBT and cm since. Actively ttc since this cycle. Using OPKs.
Not sure how it works with the coil but how do you know you’re in your tww? Was it a copper coil or hormonal?

hopegg Mon 09-Oct-17 14:28:39

Hi @peanutty86!
Waw I need to study up on all these acronyms blush. I was on copper coil so should have ovulated as normal roughly 2 weeks after AF I think. I'm not ready to do fertility charts and all that stuff yet. If it doesn't happen in a few months all think about it.

So your going full OPK from the get go!

Doesn't it feel totally bezar to start trying when you've been trying not to get pregnant for so long.hmm

hopegg Mon 09-Oct-17 14:49:58

What made you decide to chart your cycle from the start?

Peanutty86 Mon 09-Oct-17 15:14:46

It does feel crazy.
I decided to chart from the off because my mum didn’t fall pregnant for 10 years. Then my sister got pregnant by charting (she was tta though) and the other sister charted to conceive. It stared off as a TTA/health thing because I wanted to know whether I ovulate at all. And get to know my body and my cycles (which are very irregular and always have been). Taking cycle 2, I had a 79 day cycle in which I ovulated on CD65. Had I not been temping, I would’ve worked myself up about possibly being pregnant for a months or so because there was no period but would’ve been negative tests, if that makes sense?
It’s good that you’re going the relaxed way!! I’m not a patient person at all. If I want something, I want it yesterday. 😂

hopegg Mon 09-Oct-17 17:40:50

Oh yeah well that makes total sense for you to chart then.I am very regular so I'm just assuming it will happen easily for now anyway.
Haha - the 'relaxed way'
Yeah, I thought it would be relaxed and I'd just continue as usual, but I cannot stop thinking about it - so it doesn't feel very relaxed right now! 2 weeks seems like a long time...I recon by 2nd cycle all be taking my temperature every opportunity I get lol

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: