Talk

Advanced search

When's the best time to get pregnant? Use our interactive ovulation calculator to work out when you're most fertile and most likely to conceive.

Best tips???

(7 Posts)
BabyKangaroo90 Mon 09-Oct-17 00:10:57

Hiya, so we have been ttc for about a year now with no luck.

What are your best tips for ttc? The dos and don'ts if you will?

I want to maximise my chances as much as possible. I'm taking folic acid and tracking my cycles. I'm aware of being a healthy weight can help and I'm doing my best to lose weight.

Are there any foods/fruits you would recommend or anything else? Willing to try anything!

Thanks smile

stillvicarinatutu Mon 09-Oct-17 00:16:23

you know what - its all a game of chance i my conclusion. its luck. nothing more than luck and good timing.
i got pg at 44 after a month of trying but the baby had a chromosomal abnormality and i didnt continue.
been trying since for over a year with no luck and im such its because im actively trying.
i got pg twice in my 20s with no thought into it at all. in my 40s i got pg at 44 with no thought into it at all. now im trying and doing everything "right" ive had no luck what so ever.
at 44 i got pg within 2 months (wasnt tracking at all as thought it wouldnt happen) i ate all the wrong stuff, i smoked, i was drinking and i work shifts. my eggs are clearly ancient but lord knows what you do about that.

i truly think now its just luck. its as simple as that.

stillvicarinatutu Mon 09-Oct-17 00:16:56

*sure not such

ethelfleda Mon 09-Oct-17 08:12:19

It could well be luck. We were only trying for 4 months so not 100% if what we tried on the successful month was any good or not BUT - that was the month I quit smoking, cut right back on drinking and drank raspberry leaf tea. I also took evening primrose oil that month and used a lubricant called conceive plus. I also charted that month as well.
I'm now 35+1 smile

NimbleKnitter Mon 09-Oct-17 11:28:20

If you’re over a year - see the doctor.

That’s what the NHS recommend.

If you’ve been having regular sex during your fertile window for a year, you should now ask for some help.

Do you know you’re ovulating?

BabyKangaroo90 Mon 09-Oct-17 15:29:33

Thanks @ethelfleda very helpful smile

@NimbleKnitter it has been over a year since we made that decision but we didn't start actively trying straight away. We started off very casually and I have to say weren't having sex all that often. I then started tracking a few months ago and realised I ovulate later than we originally thought so had been completely missing it. So I'm holding off going to the doctor until we have tried for a while now knowing when I ovulate.

I agree that most of it is just luck but just want to make sure I'm doing as much as I possibly can to maximise my chances.

Xxx

NimbleKnitter Mon 09-Oct-17 15:36:55

Ah ok, in which case the best tip I can give you is lots of sex!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: