Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

In tears tonight 😔

(6 Posts)
SpongeCake23 Sun 08-Oct-17 21:14:24

I'm feeling really sad and gutted. Month five has come and gone, AF has started tonight I think. I'm really starting to give up hope. I know it's only our fifth month of trying, but it feels like forever.
November will be month six. I tracked using opks this month and it said I ovulated on day 13/14.
It means my LP is 12/13 days long. Is that too short?

I'm really anxious about this. I feel quite out of control of the situation and it's a horrible feeling.

meow1989 Sun 08-Oct-17 21:24:33

I've read that a luteal cycle of less than 10 is too short so yours should be fine? I'm by no means an expert though so I'm sure some other more knowledgeable ladies can give insight.

Didn't want to read and run, it's a shitty rollercoaster business all of this trying isn't it? I've felt the way you describe And I'm only on cycle 2!

I would make sure to treat yourself whilst af in town, and fingers crossed for next month flowers

Doglikeafox Sun 08-Oct-17 21:25:39

Totally understand. We've been trying since January and it's just so tough. Every month I feel this huge grief when AF comes, I'm sure my partner thinks I'm crazy.
We have the additional time constraint that if I don't fall pregnant within this year we may have to wait several years due to financial reasons and my DPs work.
So many things remind me of it. Today I went shopping with an M&S voucher that I have been saving since June for when I was pregnant. I kept thinking 'I don't need a new pair of jeans as I'll need maternity ones soon enough'. Today I finally bought a new pair of jeans sad

ShowOfHands Sun 08-Oct-17 21:29:38

A normal luteal phase is between 10 and 16 days. Yours is utterly normal.

You can expect it to take a year. Your chances of conceiving are never more than 20-25%. I mean this kindly but you need to be a little more realistic. It took me 14 months and two miscarriages to have my first baby. I know its tough, I do but you deserve to enjoy your life and this exciting new chapter instead of needlessly turning it into a time of worry.

Hold fast. Chances are it'll happen in the next few months.

Big hugs, my LP was 10 days with ds so don't give up hope! I took vitamin b6 for the LP the month we conceived. Currently on our 3rd cycle trying for no2 for us. Fingers crossed it happens for you soon! smile

sazzle3 Sun 08-Oct-17 22:15:02

I’m with you Hun we have been trying since end of jan beginning of February and every month when Af arrives I’m devastated 😢. These last 3 months I’ve not done no opks or anything just listened to my body as before it’s was all getting really obsessive ( all the other months I did). I’ve started doing the opks again and I got an almost positive tonight so hoping in the mornings is positive. We have been dtd every other day. Will be dtd in the morning to make sure we have the best chance possible to catch the egg xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now