Talk

Advanced search

Anyone with erratic cycles? Help please.

(7 Posts)
Lexieellie Sun 08-Oct-17 12:46:43

So I started by last period on 23 Sept and stopped 29 September (It's normally 7 days so I'm not sure what happened there). My app tells me on average my cycle is 36 days (last cycles 30 days, 43 days, 41 days, 30 days, 41 days, 33 days )

I can usually tell when I am ovulating, discharge/ pain. We've tried twice. Once around the 23rd - 27th of September. Then again on the 2nd of October - because despite feeling like I was ovulating then, I thought I was already pregnant from the 23rd-27th.

Anyway, I am confused and my cycle is erratic. After the first time we tried, I started feeling very tired within 2 days, I was sleeping during the day, sleeping all day, funny taste in mouth and after 6 days or so my breasts became tender. I felt a bit nauseous for one day.
Over the last few days the symptoms have died off and my two tests are negative.

When do you think I ovulated? When should I test? Have I tested too early? I'm feeling quite anxious already not knowing since my periods are all over the place.

Peanutty86 Sun 08-Oct-17 13:22:36

It’s very difficult to say when/if you have ovulated + we often have all sorts of symptoms because we want to be pregnant. I would highly recommend the FAM method, so taking your temperature, checking your cm. The temp is the only thing that can confirm that you have actually ovulated. Maybe use OPKs too, but make sure you read lots about both methods as it can be confusing to begin with. Good luck 🤞🏼

physicskate Sun 08-Oct-17 14:15:45

With those lengths of cycle, you probably ov somewhere between 16-30 ish days after the start of your period. You'd need much more data to pinpoint it for each cycle. It might be worth a trip to the GP to talk about how irregular your cycles are.

But yeah, opks and bbt could give you a better pinpoint of ovulation...

Lexieellie Sun 08-Oct-17 14:53:18

Thank you. I hope I have guessed right. It wasn't difficult the first and second time. My cycles were regular, it happened straight away. I will keep trying. Re: discharge and pain made me think I ovulated just over a week ago - maybe I had phantom symptoms.

CoconutGal Sun 08-Oct-17 18:01:10

I have strange cycles, sometimes lasting as long as 40 days before another period. This month however has been shite. AF arrived 2 weeks ago, so technically shouldn’t be here for another 2 weeks, nope, she arrived yesterday. Very frustrating since I went a month with AF a month without etc for the last year.

butterflycatcher Mon 09-Oct-17 15:15:21

Hey,

I'm in the same boat as you. My cycle lengths vary from 30 - 50 days long. You usually ovulate around 14 days before the end of your cycle and unfortunately the only way to know how long its going to be is to reach the end of it. Extremely frustrating. This month we dtd every two days from day 10 to day 38. I was convinced I was ovulating around day 16 but ewcm did not let up until day 38 so we just kept going and going! Absolutely exhausting but I just got my bfp on day 50! Start paying more attention to your CM and good luck.

Lexieellie Mon 09-Oct-17 18:52:38

It's very annoying. I want a baby but can't have sex that often when DH is traveling not to mention it being very exhausting. If it hasn't worked this month I will start measuring my temperature as advised. No AF so far so keeping fingers crossed although it felt like it was coming.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now