Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Is this negative or positive?

(21 Posts)
Lexieellie Sat 07-Oct-17 21:12:56

We've been trying for number 3 and I feel very pregnant, sore boobs, 9 days late, funny taste in mouth, feeling very very tired despite napping during the day etc.

I took a clearblue test yesterday I thought I saw a cross but my husband thinks it's just the plastic (why would it be like that?). Today I got a pack of 7 tests and kind of regret because trying to interpret this is not very straight forward. Why don't they make these things easy - I'm already feeling tense. Let me know what you think. I took the second test now - perhaps I should have waited till morning.

When should I test again? I am 9 days late.

Polly99 Sat 07-Oct-17 21:15:03

Are you sure that's a pregnancy test ? It looks like an ovulation test.

ChaChaChaCh4nges Sat 07-Oct-17 21:17:01

Well. The picture it most closely aligns to seems to say negative. But I don't know why that would be given how every other test I've seen works. 9 days late, I'd spasm out on a digital.

ChaChaChaCh4nges Sat 07-Oct-17 21:19:09

splash, not spasm. Although I quite like that autocorrect...

Lexieellie Sat 07-Oct-17 21:22:06

OMG - I am going absolutely crazy - I normally check these things! Of course it's an ovulation test and I just took it from DH and peed on the stick. Thank you for the heads up.

I will have to wait some more - and have just wasted a lot of money with all these ovulation tests.

Dippingmytoesin Sat 07-Oct-17 21:22:53

Take a clear blue one that gives you a time frame if you can, they're a lot easier to figure out.

I think that looks negative

Lexieellie Sat 07-Oct-17 21:23:07

Whenever I have used digital they have an error - twice I purchased clearblue digital and it didn't work.

AmazingGrace16 Sun 08-Oct-17 17:58:23

Did you retest?

Polly99 Sun 08-Oct-17 19:52:12

Yes, I came back to find out what happened next too.

Lexieellie Sun 08-Oct-17 20:41:59

Hi I did retest, with a proper test this time, not an ovulation kit :D
It is negative. But my period is still not here, this would be day 48 of my cycle.
I looked through my app and realised that my cycles average 36 days, my last were 30 days, 43 days, 41 days, 30 days, 41 days, 33 days . . .

I can usually tell when I am ovulating, discharge/ pain. We've tried twice. Once around the 23rd - 27th of September. Then again on the 2nd of October - because despite feeling like I was ovulating then, I thought I was already pregnant from the 23rd-27th.

So I hope I tested too early or something but I can't explain it. My symptoms are also subsiding. I have one more test which I plan to use at the weekend if my period is still no show. No sign of my period at all.
I do have pain on my right it comes and goes. I will update again - fingers crossed.

AmazingGrace16 Sun 08-Oct-17 21:30:55

Could you only be ovulating from one side?

Lexieellie Sun 08-Oct-17 22:33:30

Very interesting! I haven't thought of that. Lately I feel pain on the right most of the time, rather than left, although I remember once on the left a couple of months ago. But that time it was both left and right. I wish there was an easier way of knowing exactly what's happening.

Lexieellie Tue 10-Oct-17 21:33:00

Just an update - I had a negative test again. Yesterday I felt like AF was coming - dull pain on my left so I wore pads but nothing happened, nothing today. I feel ravenous, generally just want to eat everything.
I also have pain near my armpits and feel quite tired.

I will update again when I test or if anything changes.

AmazingGrace16 Tue 10-Oct-17 21:50:16

Do let us know x

Lexieellie Wed 11-Oct-17 21:31:27

No period. No real aches or pains except for some sharp pains very briefly on the right. Today is day 50 of my cycle. The top of one of my breasts hurts as well as near the armpit.
I think at this point I will just wait and test again on Sunday. Otherwise I will slowly go insane! I already feel like I'm losing it.

BrutusMcDogface Wed 11-Oct-17 21:33:45

Maybe you should go and see the doc? 💐

Lexieellie Wed 11-Oct-17 22:13:54

I will go, it's too soon. Either I am pregnant or not. If my period doesn't arrive in two more weeks then I will go. One Gynae Dr I saw before said they don't panic over a two week late period. If the test is negative and no pain, she said they wait for the period to arrive. I had a scan and she said it looked like I was going to have my period and it did arrive. I won't be rushing to her now, I will wait.

Lexieellie Mon 16-Oct-17 09:08:27

Just an update for those who were following. I am guessing something is wrong. My cycle would be 55 days long if my period arrived today. I booked an appointment with a Dr for Friday. No real symptoms just fatigue and tender breasts plus the occasional sharp pain on my right/ left. All pregnancy tests negative - I am not testing anymore. I update again on Friday after seeing the Dr.

Alabasterangel6 Mon 16-Oct-17 15:32:35

Just my own thought here, but I'd chance my arm your period will start on or around 21st October.

That ovulation test you mistakenly took was picking up LH hormone, that's why you got two lines. It may not been a string positive but looks a lot like you ovulated around that date; probably the day after.

The timeframe after your period is called your luteal phase. In almost all women, regardless of cycle length it is 14 days. Anything 10-13 days is unusual but not unheard of. Less than 10 days is considered a luteal phase decificiency.

Cycles vary in length because of the number of days BEFORE ovulating being variable, not the days after. So a 40 day cycle you will have ovulated around day 26, 28 day cycle it's around day 14, 30 day cycle it's around day 16. If you have wonky cycles (you say they do vary in length a bit) then picking up the LH surge as that test did, shows you ovulated on or around 7th October.

My money is on you having a long cycle where you ovulated much later than you think and therefore you are technically not even late yet.

Alabasterangel6 Mon 16-Oct-17 15:33:41

Errors: the timeframe after you OVULATE is called the luteal phase. Sorry!

Lexieellie Fri 20-Oct-17 16:57:30

Update - I had a scan = no pregnancy. Period not coming any time soon. Ovaries looking polycystic. So I need to wait and try to lose a few pounds, less stress and see if my period becomes regular again. He doesn't think it should be too difficult to conceive as we had two easily. Just wanted to update those who may be going through the same.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now