Talk

Advanced search

Ovulation pain and timing

(3 Posts)
Summer1986 Sat 07-Oct-17 08:51:26

DH and I have been TTC for the last 13 months.
I know I'm ovulating monthly as I get pain, I've also confirmed this with OPK's for 6/7 months of the last 13.
Had bloods done CD 3 and CD21 and seeing GP next week for results.

My question is, does anyone know how soon after ovulation pain the egg is actually viable for? I'm wondering if we aren't DTD on the right days/often enough after the egg has been released.
I've looked at SMEP as previous threads have discussed and tried this a few times.

RhiBee29 Sat 07-Oct-17 22:58:02

@Summer1986 I don’t know the answer but hoping someone does! I get ovulation pain too and lots of ewcm with it. Last cycle dtd the day after the pain and got a bfn so think it may need to dtd on the day of getting the pain. I’ve read the egg is good for 24hrs. Never had a positive opk but have DS 3 and a mc both times used OPK’s and all negative so not bothering with them anymore!

Cakelaur Sat 07-Oct-17 23:29:28

Ideally you need to DTD in the lead up to O. So everyday/every other day from the week before O until a day or so after. You can also take BBT to measure you temp to see when you defo O'd as your temp rises but you need a super sensitive BBT thermometer. Generally once you've O'd you're out the game and into the dreaded two week wait. Good luck ladies. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now