Talk

Advanced search

Short menstrual cycle two days late?

(5 Posts)
mamaiFifi Fri 06-Oct-17 21:25:16

So I have a menstrual cycle of 23 days and period lasts around 4/5 days. I have been tracking for the last couple of months. I am never late. Now I am three days late?! I took pregnancy test this morning and it was negative. We are not really trying to conceive at the minute but we're hoping to try soon. With DD we conceived on first month of trying. What does everyone think?

Hippychic18 Sat 07-Oct-17 08:14:40

When you start trying properly i would use opks. An irregular cycle can be caused by lots of different factors and it's quite normal to have a cycle that varies by a few days here and there ... I've been tracking for a while and mine varies from 26-30 days xxx

mamaiFifi Sat 07-Oct-17 11:51:19

Do you think it could be a false negative because of the length of my period. I am now into 4 days late

Chooklass Sat 07-Oct-17 12:18:22

My cycle was 3 days late 2 months ago after being like clockwork for months. BFN. I've read similar stories on here loads - it seems as soon as we TTC our bodies start being dicks to us!

MouseLove Sat 07-Oct-17 20:55:02

With a cycle that short it is unlikely you are pregnant. Why? Because you either have a very short luteal phase which means your body doesn't have enough time to implant the egg for a successful pregnancy OR you have a short follicular phase which means the eggs don't mature enough to be fertilised.

I have a luteal phase defect so I'm trying to lengthen that phase for a better chance. Personally I would try to monitor when you ovulate so you can tailor diet or vitamins to help correct your cycle.

Good luck.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: