Talk

Advanced search

Am I pregnant or not?

(11 Posts)
Beccasx Fri 06-Oct-17 18:27:57

Sorry for the long thread but I'm desperate. Basically, I was 5 days late on my period on Monday and took a digital pregnancy test at 1.30pm and it said pregnant! Took one an hour later and it was negative. So went to my dr on Tuesday morning and she told me to trust the positive and refused to test me, so went to Morrisons and bought 4x Morrisons own brand just to ease my mind as I had a miscarriage at the end of April at 7 weeks. All of those came back negative. Including one taken with FMU. So, went back to the doctors and he said because my periods only 8 days late, yesterday, I should wait another week before testing and if nothing and no period, he'll do blood tests on the 16th of October!!! So I went and bought another and tested this morning. Negative. Am I pregnant or not? What do I do from here? I am now 9 days late and loosing hope. With my son I was only 5-6 days late and took a boots beanded test at 10.00pm and had 2 dark lines! So this is new to me!

Will post my positive digi and one negative aswell.

Willitbe Fri 06-Oct-17 18:42:32

Digitals are known for giving false positives (electronic error), so I would guess that this might be the case as all other tests have been negative. The only exception is if you have very high levels of hcg you can get false negatives on standard dip tests (its called the hook effect) but it is really a bit early for you to get that with only being a few days late.

If I were you I would possibly get the same brand as the one that said positive and retry. Otherwise it is waiting to see what happens.

Beccasx Fri 06-Oct-17 18:44:12

I think I might get the same brand and try again tomorrow. Thanks just so anxious

Gilly100uk Sat 07-Oct-17 13:34:37

Hi,, did you re test Hun?

Beccasx Sat 07-Oct-17 15:11:18

Chemical pregnancy Hun

KarateKitten Sat 07-Oct-17 15:14:38

I think that's a faulty test, shouldn't it say how many weeks pregnant? Usually the 'pregnant' comes up first then a few moments later how many weeks you are appears too. Unless it's a different test than the ones I've used.

Beccasx Sat 07-Oct-17 16:31:03

It wasn't a clear blue, was just a standard digital test from lloyds, doesn't give an indication of how many weeks or anything

MaryShelley1818 Sat 07-Oct-17 17:07:00

Sounds like a faulty test. Definitely not a chemical pregnancy or your other tests would not all have been negative. It would have showed positive on others too.

Beccasx Sat 07-Oct-17 17:28:51

There was some seriously faint lines within 3-5 minutes but just put negative purely because it was literally so faint, but yeah probably not

2furbabies Sun 08-Oct-17 00:48:39

@Willitbe you have no idea what your talking about !! I'm 39 weeks pregnant and still get a positive pregnancy test that's some crap someone made up!

You could very well be pregnant it's much more likely that the others haven't picked up your hormones yet. False positive are rare x

Willitbe Tue 10-Oct-17 07:38:17

2furbabies - sorry but a simple google search of the "hook effect" would show you it is not "crap". Here's one as I can't be bothered looking for the real scientific journals for you: www.pregnancylab.net/2011/05/false-negative-pregnancy-tests.html.

OP - sorry to hear that you did not get the outcome you wanted.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now