Talk

Advanced search

Polyp and cyst - 18 months ttc #2

(3 Posts)
SydBound27 Fri 06-Oct-17 07:39:34

Hi ladies i just wanted to share my experience in case it helps anyone else.

I've been ttc #2 for over 18 months and after having progesterone bloods at 12 months ttc (all fine) they couldn't offer anything further under the nhs as Ive already got a child. Obviously understand they prioritise those without children so not a criticism there.

Ive just had an ultrasound privately and they've found a large ovarian cyst (causing pain during ov and af and spotting) and a polyp in my uterus. The polyp has been making it unlikely for implantation to happen as its a foreign body (think the coil) and it's large so has been there a couple of years.

Im going to see an obgyn asap to plan the surgery to remove the polyp. Hopefully that'll do the trick. If only I'd have done this earlier.

Symptoms were:

Cyst -
Onset of spotting before af (unusual for me)
Pain in left pelvic area during ov and af

Polyp -
Pre ovulation spotting
Really heavy flow
Early miscarriage/ chemical pregnancy

Will update if i get any other news but hope this is useful

littlebirdiebear Fri 06-Oct-17 20:31:05

@SydBound27 sorry to hear you've been suffering for so long flowers
I'm pretty certain I too have a cyst- not sure about anything else but I'm pleased my doc is sending me for an ultrasound. I have had increasingly bad ovulation pain every month, tmi but it's literally non stop vomiting and passing out type pain! That will bad periods.
I'm starting ttc #2 this cycle. Hope you get things sorted soon and get your bfp for #2 soon. I haven't even started trying and already sick of all the when are you having another comments! It's not that simple people!

Thanks for your helpful post.

SydBound27 Sat 07-Oct-17 14:18:17

Thanks @littlebirdie i hope your ultrasound is helpful. Your ov pain sounds bloody awful..! I'm just pleased to have a plan and hopefully it won't take too much longer before we get our bfp. Good luck with #2 and tell those nosy so and sos to do one! Fx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now