Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Sex after abortion?

(6 Posts)
xjasminex Fri 06-Oct-17 00:53:36

Hi ladies. Last Tuesday I had what I guess you would call a sergical abortion because my baby was terminally I'll. I'm wondering how long I should wait before resuming with sex. There isn't much information online about conceiving after having an abortion due to medical reasons so I don't really know what I can do or when.
It's put me in an odd position, as you don't usually have an abortion if your wanting a baby. Please no bashing. My baby had anencephaly.

HirplesWithHaggis Fri 06-Oct-17 01:13:32

I'm sorry for your loss. flowers

I can't give medical advice, but perhaps your GP or practice nurse can offer information about resuming sex.

KoolKoala07 Fri 06-Oct-17 01:21:33

I had medical management for an incomplete miscarriage and was advised no sex until bleeding had stopped. I'm no expert though.
Sorry for what you've been through flowers

Bufferingkisses Fri 06-Oct-17 01:34:06

Sorry you've had to face this situation and the loss of your baby flowers

Wrt sex now, id assume you won't conceive until you've stopped bleeding (or thereabouts) however intercourse is down To You and when you are comfortable.

Some people want to move on with ttc. Some people need the intimacy with their partner, others just feel like having sex without the pressure if trying to get pg. Others again want nothing for a while.
If it works for you go with it, if you are ttc it may or may not work, keep things low pressure wrt expectations for now. Wishing you the best.

TiramisuQueenoftheFaeries Fri 06-Oct-17 07:16:14

Two weeks usually seems to be advised as a minimum to guard against infection, especially as it's a surgical procedure. BPAS and Marie Stopes also have aftercare lines you can call for information. Bleeding is less of a guide after a surgical termination because it's often quite light and erratic/on-off.

I'm sorry for your loss and good luck conceiving again.

Bubblegum89 Fri 06-Oct-17 08:57:36

You’re advised to wait two weeks after a surgical abortion in case of infection. So sorry for your loss flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now