So worried(2 Posts)
I’m hoping for a little advice,
I’m on the Modena coil, I’ve had it in for 4 years and 10 months, so I’m aware it is very close to the end of its life.. I had it put in to control my periods, they were so heavy it was horrible. For some women the more a will completely stop their monthly’s, this never happened for me, I came on every 28 days without fail, but much much lighter and my cycle would last 4-5 days..
Anyway,, the last period I had was in the middle of August, I’ve never missed a period in my life, unless I was pregnant with one of my kids.. so you can imagine how I’m feeling right now!
I have done so many tests over the last three weeks and all negative but still no period, I’ve even got the signs and symptoms of pregnancy, bloating, sore boobs, mood swings, headache, lowdown cramping, although this is not so painful, it’s more of a dull ache.. I’ve even got discharge from my boobs,, just ever so slightly but it is definitely there..
now my mind is saying to me to believe the tests, so many of them cannot be wrong I can’t be pregnant, but I have this niggling in my head that will not go away
Tomorrow morning I’m going to the hospital, they will hopefully run bloods, I will get a definitive answer one way or the other, but they have also stated that they will remove the mirena and place a new one in.. now my problem is that I don’t want them to touch anything until I have this definitive answer from them, if but some minute possibility I am pregnant I would like to discuss it with my boyfriend before they possibly force a miscarriage.. I know the prognosis isn’t got anyway because of the coil, but I would like to give it a fighting chance if anything shows..
I’m also aware that ectopic pregnancy is a high factor with the mirena coil in place too,, I’m so worried,, I don’t know what to think.. it could even be me delaying my period and symptom spotting due to a period being late.. I really don’t know what to think
So I went to the hospital this morning to “hopefully” get answers,, they wouldn’t change to mirena coil just in case I am pregnant, even though I’ve done what feels like a million tests and they all came back negative.. they didn’t even do a blood test.. they told me to wait two weeks and re test and if that was negative then I’m to go back and they will change it.. I’m no better off 😢😢
Join the discussion
Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.Register now »
Already registered? Log in with:
Please login first.