Talk

Advanced search

AF due, no PMS symptoms?

(13 Posts)
Pumpkinbee Thu 05-Oct-17 14:48:30

Hi all so I'm in my TWW and AF is due tomorrow or Sat based on my cycle, which can be irregular about when I ovulate but not about how long after I do ovulate that AF shows up, I'm pretty much always a 14/15 day luteal phase. And a week before AF I ALWAYS I get sore breasts and mild cramp, plus I'm a weepy mess. But this time.... nada.

I feel great, absolutely no PMS. I only have a very sensitive sense of smell and mild pain near left ovary. I definitely ovulated two weeks ago, I get strong ovulation pain and clear blue fertility monitor confirmed it too. I'm CD29 I've taken a couple of cheapie pregnancy tests and they are negative.

I have no ideas what the hell is going on! Help?

Bubblegum89 Thu 05-Oct-17 15:33:34

I’m going to be the Debbie Downer here and tell you not to get your hopes up too much. I am super super regular. Last cycle I knew when I ovulated as it was confirmed by opks/blood test. I had zero symptoms in the tww like I normally did, I actually felt really good. I ended up being three days late with no sign of af coming and still no symptoms other than ovary twinges. Day 4 of being late, still no symptoms. Got into work. Suddenly cramps from hell started, went to the toilet and there was af. You literally cannot overthink anything in this game haha good luck though, hopefully it means something for you smile

Pumpkinbee Thu 05-Oct-17 16:02:24

Don't worry about being a downer I'm just relieved to know it's not unheard of. Thanks for telling me your experience. smile

Pumpkinbee Thu 05-Oct-17 17:00:51

In shock. Decided to take a FRER I forgot I had. AT first I saw a shadow faint line right away and then I paced around and I though may be in having line eyes. I dropped the test and stood on it by accident as i was hurrying downstairs for better light and it kind of cracked so I just opened it up so I could see it again. My nails have scratched it a bit but is that pink line or evap line? Omg.

Bubblegum89 Thu 05-Oct-17 17:51:20

Once you open up a test, it’s immediately invalid because they can give false positives due to evap lines. I would take another FRER and don’t open it/drop it lol

Cookie1831 Thu 05-Oct-17 20:33:35

I don't think a line that dark could be evap looks positive to me x

elland Thu 05-Oct-17 20:42:16

Positive story here! I was the same as you, always had symptoms before AF was due but absolutely zilch the month I found out I was pregnant 😊

Fingers crossed that line will be a positive but as a PP said you're more likely to get an evap when you open the case so maybe do another one tomorrow!

Good luck

Pumpkinbee Fri 06-Oct-17 16:30:07

Took another Frer this morning with DH with me. It was FMU and it was negative. About an hour ago I noticed really bad ovulation type pain but definitely not cramp, but the exact same paun I got on CD15 and when I last got my Peak day on Clear Blue fertility tests. So thought screw it let's test OPK. And low and behold it's got me marked down as another PEAK day. Now I do normally get a LH surge before AF but at most it registers as High never Peak and never with ovulation pain. How could I possibly ovulated twice in one cycle two weeks apart? Today is CD30. Which usually means tomorrow is CD1.

Pumpkinbee Fri 06-Oct-17 16:39:58

This is just the most confusing thing I've ever seen. Bloody torture.

Bubblegum89 Fri 06-Oct-17 16:59:23

I might be wrong so someone correct me if so but it’s not uncommon to get an LH surge when af is on the way which is why doctors often don’t advise using an opk as a hpt as they can give you false information either way

QuentinSummers Fri 06-Oct-17 17:04:12

HCG and LH are almost identical (hcg has a little extra bit) so an OPK will detect a PG. I think (?) They are more sensitive than HPTs so I would say that's a positive sign! Fingers crossed!

QuentinSummers Fri 06-Oct-17 17:05:19

peestickparadise.com/opk_as_hpt.html

Pumpkinbee Fri 06-Oct-17 17:28:19

Bubblegum I definitely get an LH surge before AF but it usually only gives me a slight positive I.e high but not peak test result. Never had a peak before when AF due and certainly never had no PMS at the same time. I have a date night tonight with DH that he planned this week and I'm just going to relax and whatever is happening right now is out of my control anyway. I'll test every few days if AF still doesn't show up.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now