Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Any stories on ttc post miscarriage, took 1 year to get that one will I have to wait another?

(14 Posts)
Blissfulignorance Mon 02-Oct-17 16:19:40

In the title really? Wanting to hear from ladies who’ve struggled with fertility then unfortunately suffered a miscarriage and gone on to have a little baby. I’m getting impatient

Thanks

Misssmoo Mon 02-Oct-17 18:29:40

I had a MMC earlier this year and went back on my pill due to a mix up at the hospital with results that they sent me...i have been lucky and I'm pregnant again after coming off pill only rook 2 cycles when mistake was rectified...good luck you never know how long it will take x

Blissfulignorance Tue 03-Oct-17 21:15:53

Thanks for the reply? Did it take you long to get pregnant the first time?

Misssmoo Tue 03-Oct-17 21:18:22

I didn't know but didn't want to read and run ..plus you are meant to be more fertile after mc xx

Misssmoo Tue 03-Oct-17 21:19:17

That meant it didn't take long for me to concieve sorry that never made sense xx

BlueeSpottyTiger Tue 03-Oct-17 23:49:30

I had an mc and got pregnant my next 'proper' cycle sadly that ended im mmc at 12+5. I'm now in the immediate cycle after the mc. The sonographer told me that "you are extra fertile following a mc as your body is primed for pregancy" i hope its true! I'm 5dpo now.

Goodluck xx

Cracklesfire Tue 03-Oct-17 23:55:58

I MCd and it messed up my cycles - took about 15 months to conceive again and only after acupuncture to get things back on track.

After DS I MCd again when he was 6 months. I'm pregnant again now after another year. It's a horrible time ttc when it doesn't go as you expect.

Blissfulignorance Thu 05-Oct-17 09:00:25

I’m on cycle 5 post mc now so don’t believe in the more fertile thing at the moment.

We are both healthy and behave well, exercise etc. No reason for any fertility problems. I don’t think my gp will let me have any more tests because I’ve conceived once naturally.

Really is pants.

OuchBollocks Thu 05-Oct-17 09:02:38

Took me 2 years to get pregnant the first time, had a MMC. Got pregnant with DD the cycle after my first post MC period.

kiwiblue Thu 05-Oct-17 09:20:52

Sorry to hear that blissful - I know how hard it is. It took me more than 2.5 years to get pregnant with my first baby, had a MMC at 12 weeks. I conceived my DS two months later. Nothing helpful I can say, but they couldn't find anything wrong with us either (we even had a cycle of IUI straight after the miscarriage which was unsuccessful; I conceived naturally the following month). I know a year feels like an eternity but there is hope, I felt like it would never happen for me after so long, and never happen again after the miscarriage but it did. flowers

Bluerose27 Thu 05-Oct-17 09:22:12

Took me about 7 cycles both times. Didn't start trying til maybe 2 cycles after MC

PrimeraVez Thu 05-Oct-17 09:36:51

I had a CP first month TTC #2. Fell pregnant just 2 months later and that ended in MC at 10 weeks sad Now I'm on cycle 4 post-D&C and I have a horrible feeling AF will be here this weekend.

I know it's still early days, but I've technically been TTC #2 since January and now I'm getting fed up. Sorry you're in a similar boat.

Blissfulignorance Thu 05-Oct-17 17:45:35

Thanks for the kind words all.
@kiwiblue that’s a really long time to wait for the first.

I had some bloods done before the mc to confirm ovulation

DH went for a SA but it came back inconclusive, during the wait for another appointment (2months) we caught for the first time, so he cancelled the follow up. Now we are not sure he’ll be offered the test again.

I know people are worse off than me just having a little moan. I really appreciate your replies though. There’s hope.

kiwiblue Thu 05-Oct-17 18:26:49

There's definitely hope. Not sure how much a SA would help you anyway if you have conceived once. My DH's fluctuated which is apparently common, they couldn't say whether that might have been a factor in it taking us a while or not. I know it's so hard to keep positive, but I do know loads of people that it took more than a year and they did conceive. I think it's not uncommon to take a while but it's not talked about much. Good luck.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now