Talk

Advanced search

Hello!

(8 Posts)
Breeze81 Thu 28-Sep-17 11:56:55

My partner and I are 36 and have decided to take the plunge so we’re TTC. After some unexpected difficulty with my IUD, it's been surgically removed so I'm now oficially contraception free!

I’ve never really read up on any of thisTTC stuff before now, and I kind of wish I didn’t. At 36 I didn’t think we were that old to try for our first, but I feel like a geriatric after reading up.

I just wanted to say hello. I have no idea how this journey will go, but I’m pleased to have started it.

Foreverretro Thu 28-Sep-17 12:15:04

Hi!

I'm very new here as well & in quite a similar boat - had my IUD removed (not surgically though, that sounds unpleasant!) at the beginning of the month and am TTC for the first time at 32, it's all fun and games!

Best of luck with your journey smile x

EsmeGNU Thu 28-Sep-17 13:19:51

Hey @Breeze81 welcome along. I’m in a similar boat. Started TTC this year at the age of 36. I’d not long come of contraception.
Had surgery last year for endo and DH need some investigations as some stuff from childhood potentially pointed to fertility issue. I’ve just got my BFP on cycle 6. Hope your journey goes smoothly.

Breeze81 Thu 28-Sep-17 13:42:14

Hiya,

Nice to know there is someone else in the same boat.

The site is pretty big and a bit overwhelming. I'm trying to figure out what all the abbreviations mean, haha.

Best of luck to you!

EsmeGNU Fri 29-Sep-17 17:00:23

Have you found the acronyms page @Breeze81?

user1499786242 Fri 29-Sep-17 17:13:01

Good luck to you all smile

Breeze81 Fri 06-Oct-17 13:40:30

Thanks for the heads up on the acronym page @EmseGNU. It felt like another language, but should make a bit more sense now.

Good luck everyone.

Hippychic18 Sat 07-Oct-17 08:20:19

Hi - I'm 38 and ttc and having been on the journey a while and read loads of books (probably all of them lol) ... I would recommend staying calm and not stressing as one of the main pieces of advice ... this is easier said than done especially after a few cycles when you've spent the majority of your adult life believing that unprotected sex = pregnant !!! In my humble opinion everyone is different and although lifestyle and obviously timing the tackle helps the situation .. it does ultimately boil down to luck. Try not to get too overwhelmed with the dos and don'ts ... just try and enjoy the process and good luck
Xxx

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: