Talk

Advanced search

Please help

(21 Posts)
Lucozadex Tue 26-Sep-17 23:41:52

i had sex with guy #1 throughout may & June we split up & I had sex with guy#2 June 23 that night so 23/24th
I done a pregnancy test 6 days after sex with guy #2 from 23rd June done the preg test 29th June and it was positive I will upload a picture
I have been for my scans said I was due 27th Feb going by the uss edd and in my midwife notes edd is 20/fed also midwife notes say my lmp was 15/05/2017 who is the father please help? Are these dates I was given usually right? If lmp was correct when would I of been due on period again?

GoldenOrb Tue 26-Sep-17 23:51:38

Was your last period 15th may? How long are your cycles? Every 28 days? If so, you should have ovulated on about 29th may. Therefore whoever you had sex with around that time will be the father of the baby.

Lucozadex Wed 27-Sep-17 00:12:12

I never keep track of my periods but from what I can remember yes I would say every four weeks? Is there any chance I'm pregnant from 23/24 June? My midwife notes say my lmp was 15/05/17

KarateKitten Wed 27-Sep-17 00:15:24

I'd be 99% sure it was guy #1. You simply couldn't get a positive pregnancy test on the 29th if you'd gotten pregnant on the 23rd. It wouldn't have shown up yet.

AnnieAnoniMouse Wed 27-Sep-17 00:22:39

Would it affect your decision whether to terminate or not?

Will it make any other significant difference right now?

haveacupoftea Wed 27-Sep-17 06:21:50

If your LMP was 15th May then you would have conceived around end May/ start of June. So it's the first man.

Lucozadex Wed 27-Sep-17 07:36:45

My lmp was def around end may .. I thought about 17th but notes say 15th may ..so 15/05/17 to 22/0517 mayb a little bit later if they can get my lmp wrong? I'm not sure how accurate they can get it ..can someone please explain if I had already missed my period before 23/24 June?

GoldenOrb Wed 27-Sep-17 08:08:16

They would have worked out when your last period was based on your scan. So it is a calculation based on the size of the foetus at that time. If you had already missed your period by 23rd June then you got pregnant by person 1.

Lucozadex Wed 27-Sep-17 20:16:11

I'm not sure when my period would have been due? Are the dates miswife gives me usually correct for lmp etc ?

GoldenOrb Wed 27-Sep-17 21:13:31

Within a few days, yes. When your next period would have been due would depend on how long your cycle is (i.e. How many days it is from the first day of your period to the first day of your next period). Typically that is about 28 days. Therefore if your last period started on the 15th of may, and your cycle is 28 days, your next period would have been due on the 11th of June.

The basic answer to your question is that if you know you had sex with guy 2 at the end of June, and definitely not before, you must have got pregnant by guy 1 in order for your baby to be due at the end of February.

Lucozadex Thu 28-Sep-17 08:04:01

I'm usually on my period for about 4 days? And it would normally be regular every month so about four weeks? .. me and my bf had just split up so I was under a bit of stress from that

Lucozadex Tue 03-Oct-17 13:36:44

Would I have already missed my period by 23rd June? I havent been on since May .. I was sleeping with guy#1 all year and didn't get pregnant so I'm wondering weather guy#2 could be the father??

April06142730 Tue 03-Oct-17 15:43:19

Its guy #1 - there is no way you would get a positive test that dark 6 days after sex.

GoldenOrb Tue 03-Oct-17 17:00:13

OP have a look at these. On one your baby's due date is set at 27/02 and the other is set at 20/02, which are the dates you put in your original post. On the other side of the wheel, under the 2, is the date you would have conceived in order for your baby to have that due date. As you can see, the date of conception is way before you had sex with guy 2.

Lucozadex Tue 03-Oct-17 21:38:57

Yes I see thank you.. so there is absolutely no chance of baby being guy#2s ? I would of already missed a period by then ? .. even if I ovulated late? I'm not sure when I ovulated but that wouldn't mess my period days up?

4thtime Wed 04-Oct-17 06:17:12

You've asked this question at 3 times that I know of, the answer will always be the same, in the end do a paternity test

stopbeingadramallama Wed 04-Oct-17 12:53:33

Get a DNA once the baby is here.

Lucozadex Wed 04-Oct-17 23:49:27

I no I just want your opinions it's making pregnancy really miserable for me & I just Want to understand

GoldenOrb Thu 05-Oct-17 17:05:23

Lucozade there are no opinions, there is only fact! Guy #1 is the dad. No doubt.

What is it you don't understand? Do you understand how menstrual cycles and ovulation etc work?

GoldenOrb Thu 05-Oct-17 17:12:50

The reason that there is no doubt as to who the father is is because of your due date. You due date was calculated from your scan.

When you got scanned, they measured how big the foetus is. From the measurement of how big the foetus is, they worked out how many weeks old it would be. And from that they could work out both when your baby is due, and also when it was conceived (i.e. When the sperm fertilised the egg). In order for your baby to be born when it is due, you HAVE to have conceived in May. So therefore, it has to be guy #1 who is the dad.

If you got pregnant by guy #2, you would have conceived at the end of June, because that is when you had sex. So if you conceived at the end of June, your baby would be due in March. But your baby is not due in march. It is due in February. And that is how we know, without any doubt, that guy #1 is the dad.

If you still don't understand, ask your midwife to explain it to you.

Justoneme Thu 05-Oct-17 18:23:01

Oh darling sounds like you are in a right pickle. Sincerely hope it all works out.

I would have the conversation with guy 1&2 and explained what happen. From reading the posts you are wanting guy 2 to be the dad. You have to be honest otherwise it will come back to bite you on the bum. At the end of the day a child has been made... being a parent is tough at the best of times.

Keep us posted and good luck x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now