Talk

Advanced search

Positive/not positive?

(13 Posts)
1Wanda1 Tue 26-Sep-17 07:25:15

Top test was yesterday afternoon (after a couple of glasses of water). Bottom is this morning FMU. Both FRERs. Have had IVF - yesterday was 7 days after transfer and today is the 8th day (I think that’s the same as 12-13 dpo). Frozen cycle so no issues with trigger shot affecting the result.

Should I read this as a false positive / CP yesterday? Or is there hope?

tigerdog Tue 26-Sep-17 07:37:36

There could still be hope - having had both a chemical and a pregnancy that progressed after IVF transfers, I think only time will tell. FET can be slower to implant and 7/8 days post transfer is very early to test so I'd expect variable and faint lines at that point - I used to aim for 9dpt even though my clinic OTD was 16dpt. Good luck.

Mittens92 Tue 26-Sep-17 07:43:12

That looks like a positive x

1Wanda1 Tue 26-Sep-17 07:49:01

Thanks both. I was in shock yesterday and then excited. Today am feeling so anxious because the second test has no line, or only a much fainter one than yesterday’s.

I’m not going to be able to think of anything else now. Maybe I should test again later.

tigerdog Wed 27-Sep-17 08:17:02

Did you test again? Have been keeping my fingers crossed for you.

QueenAmongstMen Wed 27-Sep-17 08:39:47

I hope you've had a stronger positive this morning flowers

1Wanda1 Wed 27-Sep-17 08:46:24

Did another test yesterday afternoon and it was about the same as the one yesterday morning. Have been too afraid to try again with FMU today. I read that hcg should double every 48 hours so thought that if I wait till tomorrow and test with FMU, then if the hcg is rising, the line should be better, and if the line hasn't changed or has gone completely, then I'll know I'm out.

tigerdog Thu 28-Sep-17 07:24:53

Everything crossed for you. I really hope you get a good result today. flowers

1Wanda1 Thu 28-Sep-17 08:48:26

Thanks for your good wishes. Unfortunately it wasn’t good news for us this morning: no line on a FRER. This somehow feels worse than if there had just been no line throughout. We can’t try again till next year now. So disappointed.

delilabell Thu 28-Sep-17 08:50:25

I'm so sorry. It's horrible when you get that tiny glimpse of what might be isn't it? Sending you lots of hope for next year x x x

tigerdog Thu 28-Sep-17 12:07:33

I'm so sorry. This was how my first IVF cycle went and I was so low afterwards. It seems so cruel. Sending you a huge hug.

1Wanda1 Thu 28-Sep-17 14:44:28

Thank you. It's hard. It seems to take so long, I just want to try again now. Maybe we will have better luck next time.

tigerdog Thu 28-Sep-17 15:05:09

It is really hard. Give yourself some time to process the outcome and grieve for this pregnancy. Even if it doesn't feel like it, a bit of time between cycles may help. Also, make sure you have a thorough review with your clinic to understand if there was anything to consider for next time.

Look after yourself. flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now