Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Wtf is going on with my EWCM?!

(16 Posts)
PollyCazaletWannabe Thu 21-Sep-17 10:23:14

First day of last AF was Aug 31, I'm currently on CD 22 of a fairly regular 30/31 day cycle. According to Ovia my fertile window was from 12th-17th sep. Unfortunately though we only DTD once during this time as DH was ill, on 12th. Then on 13th -14th I had EWCM with some spotting, which I read was a good sign of ovulation. After this my CM dried up somewhat, as it usually does after ovulation, However suddenly in the last two days I have had EWCM again- and lots of it! Wtf is going on? Does anyone have experience of this and could it be a sign of pregnancy?

AJ89 Thu 21-Sep-17 12:05:14

I have no advice but just wanted to say I'm in the same position as you except my first day of AF was 1st sept. I usually ovulate around day 15 (i use bbt and ovk) but I have loads of ewcm today on day 21. Weird!

PollyCazaletWannabe Thu 21-Sep-17 13:08:51

Thanks for replying smile it's weird right? I don't understand it!

PollyCazaletWannabe Thu 21-Sep-17 14:29:11

Still having EWCM this evening (I'm in China so ahead of you in the UK) but it's white rather than clear. It's loads as well - makes me feel wet constantly (sorry TMI) any thoughts?

Holdbacktheriver Thu 21-Sep-17 14:32:38

Don't want to get your hopes up but this could be your month. I thought I was out and had gotten my ov date wrong with youngest dc because I got ewcm in the lead up to when I was expecting af. Waited another fortnight, no af turned out I was about 6/7 weeks pregnant

PollyCazaletWannabe Thu 21-Sep-17 14:35:26

Ooh holdback that's exciting! Can I ask how long you waited before testing? Did you literally wait 2 weeks? I am finding it hard to wait!

79andnotout Thu 21-Sep-17 15:06:13

I randomly had a load of ewcm around day 21 the month before last. No idea why. I didn't have sex that cycle.

BertieBotts Thu 21-Sep-17 15:11:01

If it's white then it's creamy - Ovia calls it school glue.

I get this after ovulation. Sometimes so much I have to wear a menstrual cup. I get it on non pregnant cycles (sorry!) but if it's out of the ordinary for you it might be a good sign? Fingers crossed.

PollyCazaletWannabe Thu 21-Sep-17 15:22:22

Bertie it's not school glue type though because it's the texture of EWCM, stretchy and slippery, but white instead of transparent.

BertieBotts Thu 21-Sep-17 18:01:03

Strange, but if it's white I normally class it as creamy type CM.

Holdbacktheriver Thu 21-Sep-17 18:13:18

Yes. I have pcos so assumed I'd gotten my ov wrong and waited a further 2 weeks before it eventually clicked that I ought to poas! It might not be but it's the only time I've noticed that happening for me anyway. Fingers crossed for you

PollyCazaletWannabe Fri 22-Sep-17 09:22:40

Day 23 and still getting lots of CM, it is still white but the consistency of EWCM so I'm a bit confused! Also have sore nipples but maybe I'm imagining in my desire to symptom -spot... AF not due until next Fri - when do you think is the earliest I could test?

Lilypad15 Fri 22-Sep-17 09:38:46

I had the e month. Usually very regular cycles but had no cm at all round normal ov date then day 18/19/20 was getting clear ewcm and positive opks. Very weird!

PollyCazaletWannabe Fri 22-Sep-17 12:28:01

Bumping for traffic - really want to know if anyone else had this as a sign of pregnancy and when I should test. I'm getting pretty obsessed by the idea of a BFP after two miscarriages this year sad

BertieBotts Sun 24-Sep-17 12:49:08

10dpo is the earliest I recommend anyone test. Then every 48 hours until positive or period.

juneybean Sun 24-Sep-17 14:19:16

I get this and it's just the progesterone peaking I think... never had a BFP in my life so certainly hasn't been a sign of pregnancy for me :/

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now