Talk

Advanced search

TTC after pregnancy loss - lucky thread 13

(1000 Posts)
TheGrumpySquirrel Sun 17-Sep-17 20:21:43

Hi guys I couldn't see a new thread so hope you don't mind me starting it off @BertieBotts ?

yellowfrontdoor Sun 17-Sep-17 20:40:32

Placemarking!

Thanks for the new thread Grumpy.

UnicornsandRainbows1 Sun 17-Sep-17 20:56:37

It seems it got closed when I tried to post. God knows why.

AF arrived earlier today so now I look like a right twat from earlier grin

TheGrumpySquirrel Sun 17-Sep-17 20:59:49

Great stuff, cycle 5 post mc for me now and thinking do I try to not OPK as I'm quite regular and it might be less stressful? But I know I'll cave. Goal for this cycle is not to waste any more FRER tests.

Feeling quite stressed about work at the moment which is getting me down and having to negotiate pay etc when my manager knows about my MC is daunting. But! Will just keep on swimming, i'd love to get excited about TTC again however not feeling it now, been disappointed so many times. Trying hard not to think about Christmas with no baby and possibly no new pregnancy either.

Off topic but here you go @KerryLeanne84
http://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/styleandd_beauty/2935479-Best-London-Botox-for-a-newbie
Found my clinic as a recommendation off a friend. Very pleased with the results already!

TheGrumpySquirrel Sun 17-Sep-17 21:00:20

Oh @UnicornsandRainbows1 I'm sorry flowers

UnicornsandRainbows1 Sun 17-Sep-17 21:11:50

@TheGrumpySquirrel I'm not going to lie, I'm of course a bit gutted (Was on cd32 when I'm usually 28 and very regular). But I'm glad I'm not stuck in limbo and I'm just trying to take solice in the fact that it arrived and so even if I'm not ovulating (I'm probably fine ofc but I'd rather not assume), then at least my periods don't seem to be erratic and causing more issues right now. It's trying and that's okay for now

This/last cycle which is basically my first since MC was pretty insane with mini bleeds, a very sudden LH surge that came from nowhere, longer cycle in general, I'm just surprised and thankful I reached 12dpo to begin with. It's trying it's best after 8 or 9 weeks of chaos, so hopefully this one with be better smile

TheGrumpySquirrel Sun 17-Sep-17 21:20:12

That sounds like things are getting back to normal for you! Which is a positive even though it's not as great as being pregnant again of course smile

Well my AF only lasted 2.5 days! So I'm now worried about inadequate lining etc etc but trying not to.. it's been short since coming off the pill but this was not even 3 days. 2 days of heavy bleeding then a bit of spotting and then nothing confused so do I need to go and eat steak or something?

Flatwhite31 Sun 17-Sep-17 21:33:38

Just found you guys! Xx

NoCatsHere Sun 17-Sep-17 21:34:00

Grumpy thank you so much for the new thread! I also had a really short period this month. No idea why. Yes maybe steaks all round??!!
Also no judging at all. I got a tattoo this year after the second mc. I just thought fuck it! I'd always wanted one and seemed like a good moment, was extremely cathartic!

Yellow I think I will also ov in the next few days hopefully. I do love a cycle buddy!

flat New York is a bloody excellent plan. Good work on booking in a nice treat for yourselves

UnicornsandRainbows1 Sun 17-Sep-17 21:39:10

@TheGrumpySquirrel I hope so. I need to keep reminding myself that everything happened only 2 months ago during this week (in addition to surgery which was on the 19th July) - it seems like such a distant memory now even though it's still raw.

I think I'll just save up what I can for any future private scans (if I am so lucky to get a BFP in a few months), get some Frers for 12dpo and just do what I can to prepare but also do the bare minimum so I don't stress about it. We will see.

That must be a nightmare for you Grumpy, hopefully it'll go back to normal soon. There's nothing worse than being so out of control in situations

beanhunter Sun 17-Sep-17 21:42:14

Hello! Lost you there x

TheGrumpySquirrel Sun 17-Sep-17 21:43:42

Exactly nocats, it felt like the ultimate "thing you can't do while pregnant" (with the added bonus of letting me pretend I'm not getting older while failing to get pregnant!) so had promised myself that if I got AF this time I'd finally go for it.

Flatwhite31 Sun 17-Sep-17 22:01:26

That's why I booked NYC @TheGrumpySquirrel, as I'd have been less than one month away from EDD in Feb, and would have started mat leave. It's just a sticking plaster, of course, but it has helped.

Just when I thought I was moving forward though, one of our friends announces she's pregnant. She was very lovely to us in doing so, but I wish she hadn't told us, as I've cried all evening and feel like a failure.

TheGrumpySquirrel Sun 17-Sep-17 22:02:17

Ugh of course google is full of people saying they got a BFP after a two day "period". However I'm pretty certain mine was the real deal!

TheGrumpySquirrel Sun 17-Sep-17 22:03:28

Sorry flat it's so unfair, I know.

KerryLeanne84 Sun 17-Sep-17 22:08:14

Found you too! Thanks for the advice about Botox grumpy. Unicoend- it sucks this wasn't your month, I'm sorry.

Guys with odd periods after Mc - is that not par for the (shitty) course that sometimes things go a bit strange for a bit while your body is settling back down?

Elpheba Sun 17-Sep-17 22:31:26

Hi all- thanks for the new thread- had wondered why no one had posted all day on the other one!
So we are officially TTC now and I've bought cb ovulation tests for the first time as a "treat"- so lame I know, but feel like it gives me some semblance of control. The thing is it's tricky to work out when to start using them when my cycle is so weird... my first period took 6 weeks after my MMC and then I had a 42 day cycle, a 41 day cycle and the last one was 30 days. Pre MC I did have regularish 28-30 day cycles so do I assume I'm back to normal and start testing from day 10 (which is tomorrow!) but then I'm worried about running out of sticks before I ovulate! So tricky- I wish I found the cheap ones easier to use, I imagine I'll be resorting to them by the end of October...

AnneLovesGilbert Sun 17-Sep-17 22:38:46

Thanks for the thread grumpy, hi everyone.

I'm on cd2. Af got me. Again. Bitch. I'm tired and sick of the whole bloody thing.

Oh well. Still liking temping. Luteal phase is good and consistent at 13 days. Cycles between 26 and 29 days.

We'd really got our hopes up as ov day was DHs birthday and we were away on a lovely trip. Never done more shagging in our lives. Would have been nice to have made us a baby.

Just have to crack on I guess. At least I'll only be pregnant as a bridesmaid at my sister's destination wedding next year, well I will if I ever conceive again, and won't be wrangling a newborn.

ScarlettOH Sun 17-Sep-17 22:43:42

Tentatively posting on 3DPO, feeling so many different mixed emotions

Flatwhite31 Mon 18-Sep-17 04:51:58

It's 4.50am and I can't sleep. I'm blaming that bloody pregnancy announcement last night. Anyone else find that they can't sleep sometimes? I've got work today too sad.

yellowfrontdoor Mon 18-Sep-17 06:33:43

Sorry about AF unicorn. There aren't any posters on here who'll think you're silly... we're all in the same boat.

Flat I recently heard a great piece of advice regarding lack of sleep 'it's not the lack of sleep but the stress of knowing you didn't sleep that makes you feel awful the next day' or something like that! It helps me to remember that, anyway!

Nocats yay, I've never had a cycle buddy.

Does anyone use One-Step OPK? This second batch I've bought are a lot thinner than the first lot, and the lines are taking longer to appear (but do get there eventually). Anyone else?

Happy Monday everyone grin

Flatwhite31 Mon 18-Sep-17 07:12:15

Sorry to hear about AF @UnicornsandRainbows1. I'm usually regular, but I have no signs at ALL and Friday will be four weeks after the ERPC. I'm worried it'll take weeks to appear. My periods were light after coming off the pill (3 days max) and I'm now worrying this is maybe why I miscarried.

Feel like I'm back at square one today after managing to enjoy most of the weekend. Really angry and resentful of our friend who is pregnant. It's so unfair. She went gallivanting round a bloody festival last month as well. I was at home resting during school summer hols yet my baby dies. There's no sense in it. I won't be seeing her anytime soon as I can't face her. I hate that MC has turned me into this type of person!

KerryLeanne84 Mon 18-Sep-17 07:28:44

Flat - the embryo wouldn't have been able to implant if your lining was too thin to sustain it, so it really is likely to have been a fluke chromosomal issue. That doesn't make it any less shit I know 💙

I'm waiting for my period too- erpc was four weeks yesterday but the common advice seems to be that it should come 4-6 weeks after the erpc. I'm making sure I have pads and painkillers with me as it will apparently be either super heavy and painful or light and weird 😟

I use the one steps yellow but I don't feel like I've ever really gotten the hang of them! I find the clear blue a lot easier, they're just so damn expensive! I don't know if it means anything but clear blue are what they use at the NHS fertility clinic I go to.

Elpheba- off those long cycles after your mc! That must have been so hard to deal with. I'm normally 28 days too

Presh12345 Mon 18-Sep-17 07:40:13

Hi all,
MMC in June and been trying since (although July was a wash out as there were 3500miles between hubby and I!!)
Watching ovia app, DTD in the green days, no idea when ovulating, few twinges past few days, sore hip like sciatica, AF due 27th. Everything crossed. Pissed off hearing about every other person either pregnant or having babies.

AnneLovesGilbert Mon 18-Sep-17 09:49:02

www.telegraph.co.uk/women/family/coped-grief-multiple-miscarriages-can/

This was interesting and quite moving if anyone wants a read.

Af still in full force, woke up feeling like crap, bad dreams, headache, groggy, crampy.

Hi Presh, do you know when you usually ovulate? Everything crossed for you.

That's so shit Flat, and of course you feel that way, it's completely understandable and I'd give yourself space from her for as long as you need. It's not her fault she's pregnant but it's not your fault you're not! Or that it hurts so much to have experienced this loss. Sending you a hug x

This thread is not accepting new messages.