Talk

Advanced search

When's the best time to get pregnant? Use our interactive ovulation calculator to work out when you're most fertile and most likely to conceive.

5 days late, negative tests

(284 Posts)
outofmymind2 Thu 07-Sep-17 18:51:08

Anyone had this and turned out to be pregnant? I'm so confused.
I feel just like I did before I got my bfp with my son a few years ago, if not worse tbh.
I don't get af symptoms at all really except cramps for the day before I come on.
I got a clear blue positive at one day late but now thinking it was an evap.
I've just done an Asda pink test and it's completely negative.
I'm literally baffled.

Am I out or is this rare but happens? Help ๐Ÿ˜ง

PabloEscobarlo Thu 07-Sep-17 18:54:59

Exactly the same boat here! Had my first set of bloods today to be repeated on Monday x

outofmymind2 Thu 07-Sep-17 19:09:21

Bloody hell. It's a nightmare all this!

outofmymind2 Thu 07-Sep-17 19:09:32

Hope your bloods come pack positive for you xx

PabloEscobarlo Thu 07-Sep-17 19:38:52

Me too.
Is your gp helpful?

outofmymind2 Thu 07-Sep-17 21:18:23

Half and half tbh
He's amazing most of the time but wont do a blood test which is infuriating!

PabloEscobarlo Thu 07-Sep-17 21:20:29

How late are you?

outofmymind2 Fri 08-Sep-17 07:07:17

6 days now. Did another test with fmu and nada on the screen. hmm

I know other things make us late but I just can't see why, I'm not overly stressed and fully expected to come on last week. The more the days go on the more my boobs ache & the more exhausted I get. Was flat out asleep at half 9 last night usually I'm a midnight onwards person!

abby25 Fri 08-Sep-17 19:45:35

hey girls! I'm in the same situation... I'm 5 days late today and have got a negative test! my cycle is 32 days it's never more! I spotted brown discharge around a week before I was due for about 3 days... ( I only saw it when I wiped) since then I've had cramping and stretchy like discharge.. feel like im coming on any moment... i run to the tpilet with cramps then nothing is there...I just want to know what's going on! did any of you get a bfp? I'm driving myself insane googling all the time haha xxx

FrowningOwl Fri 08-Sep-17 20:56:52

Don't mean to be a downer but I was 5 days late and adamant I was pregnant as AF always arrives bang on time. Did four tests which were BFN and AF arrived day 6 sad Hoping for a BFP for you though xx

teaortequila23 Fri 08-Sep-17 21:02:06

Hey girls I was 9days late the 2days ago and tested twice (day 1late and day 8late) my period is never late and I keep an eye on it all the time. Both tests were negative and then weirdly enough got my period at 9days late!

Boatmistress17 Fri 08-Sep-17 21:07:08

I was a fortnight late with dd. . I conceived on day 23 of a 28 cycle. . The only time I dtd that month. She was a week by dates. .

outofmymind2 Sat 09-Sep-17 00:27:04

Hey girls

I'm now a week late (if we count 12.30am as the 7th day ๐Ÿ˜)
Abby you seem to be on the same AF date as me except my cycle is 28 days usually!
I'm still waiting for either AF or BFP. I'm trying not to stress (which is difficult when it's literally hurting my poor nips just to put a bra on ๐Ÿ˜‚)
Keep us updated we can go through it together!

owl & tea tbh if I'm not pregnant I just want my period to come! I can't stand the waiting!

boat that's intriguing! We're you getting BFNs beforehand?

abby25 Sat 09-Sep-17 09:17:01

yea I'm trying not to get my hopes up! so frustrating though just want to know ๐Ÿ˜ฃ๐Ÿ˜ฃ I'm going to try and wait another 5 days... if af still hasn't arrived by then I shall test again... and if another negative I shall go to the doctors... still getting cramping today! are any of you testing again soon? xxx

abby25 Sat 09-Sep-17 09:20:31

let me know how you all get on! baby dust to you all! xxx

outofmymind2 Sat 09-Sep-17 09:51:33

Going to do same as you Abby! Can't see another negative I'll lose (the rest of) my mind grin

Keep us updated! We can be in this together! Xx

abby25 Sat 09-Sep-17 11:27:50

woohoo so glad someone else is it the same boat as me.... not glad glad but you know what I mean I'm not the only one going crazy! haha let me know if you come on or get a bfp! have you been pregnant before? xxx

abby25 Sat 09-Sep-17 11:36:11

oh just re-read your first post! this will be my first ever pregnancy been trying 6 months so far and already feel like I'm losing the plot! hope I haven't got fertility problems! even though my cycles are regular etc just have so many friends who fall pregnant so quick makes me think what is wrong with me! (I know I'm going crazy and overthinking things) haha xxxx

outofmymind2 Sat 09-Sep-17 15:05:47

I'll definitely keep you updated!
It took 7 months with my DS to get pregnant after being on the pill for 5 years. I stressed myself out so much every month then literally like people say as soon as I stopped bothering it happened!
I was so distressed when I got my period the month before I was pregnant that I just cried for days and days. Said I was just going to forget TTC and let it happen, that month it did! I had a bloody awful pregnancy though full of problems and stuff. Hoping this time will be easier!

I've been told it takes generally 6-12 months on average to get pregnant & after 12 months the docs usually help with clomid and tests, hang in there!!

So the fun bit - what symptoms are you getting?! My boobs are KILLING. My nips are literally so sore and sensitive way worse than with my son. I also feel nauseas all the time & cant stand sweet stuff at the minute (which isn't like me at all!!) so if I turn out not pregnant I'm going to be furious with my body grin xxx

abby25 Sat 09-Sep-17 18:08:45

haha! i had spotting a few weeks ago... thats what made me think ooo i could be in for a chance this month! I've been having cramps like all the time! feel a bit lile period cramps they come and go... had loads of discharge like the kind I get when ovulating? been getting pains in my boobs occasionally but not much! and just been hormonal overall .... 5 more days to wait to see what happens ๐Ÿ˜ฃ๐Ÿ˜ฃ๐Ÿ˜ฃ going to keep myself busy at work but keep thinking about it all the time! if im not pregnant im going to lose my shit haha! xxx bet my period will come in 5 days just to piss me off lol xxx

outofmymind2 Sat 09-Sep-17 18:38:03

Oh my god I feel that about losing your shit if you're not ๐Ÿ˜‚
My discharge is really creamy but a ton of it! It's my nips that are making me believe I am cause I've never felt them this pointy and sore/sensitive ๐Ÿ˜‚
Pointy is obviously the technical term grin xxxx

abby25 Sat 09-Sep-17 18:45:52

haha! suppose we will have to just wait ๐Ÿ˜ฃ of I'm not pregnant I want my period to hurry up just so I can get trying again! lol these cramps are freaking me out I'm having them as we speak keep going to the toilet but no period ๐Ÿ˜ฃ looked online and a few people said they were getting cramps before they found out they were pregnant but think I'm just giving myself false hope ๐Ÿ˜‚xxx

outofmymind2 Sat 09-Sep-17 18:54:47

I've been giving myself false hope all week so you're not alone ๐Ÿ˜‚
I keep bolting to the loo thinking I've come on but nope! Xxx

abby25 Sat 09-Sep-17 18:57:15

really feel like it's coming now ๐Ÿ˜ฃ๐Ÿ˜ฃ๐Ÿ˜ฃ so hope it doesn't! lol xxxx

outofmymind2 Sat 09-Sep-17 19:35:18

Fingers crossed for you!! Xxxx

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now ยป

Already registered? Log in with: