Talk

Advanced search

Coming off Cerazette to TTC

(108 Posts)
amyleighhx Tue 29-Aug-17 20:24:27

Hi,

I took my last pill on Thursday 17th August and since coming off I've had loads of pregnancy symptoms. Feeling tired, bloated, feeling sick, backache, stomach cramps, mood swings, sensitive to smells etc.

Whenever I've missed a pill before I've had a bleed straight away, even when I was ill on holiday I had a bleed (apparently due to pill not being absorbed properly). So far I've not had any bleeding at all since properly coming off the pill. Surely it's way too early to have pregnancy symptoms! confused

physicskate Tue 29-Aug-17 20:34:30

Yes, it is far too early. See the post 'pregnancy symptoms' for the explanation.

For pregnancy you must first ovulate, which is generally suppressed by the pill. 2 weeks after ov (roughly) af will start or you will get a positive test of pregnant.

BoredOnMatLeave Tue 29-Aug-17 20:38:47

I didn't have a withdrawal bleed from cerazette for 3 weeks. My periods then went back to what i assume is normal (fell pregnant on first month). Sounds too early to be pregnancy symptoms, more likely the affects of coming off the pill.

Belleelle Tue 29-Aug-17 20:41:10

I hope better news for you but I had exactly the same thing after coming off cerazette - came off end of June, still no period, no bfp - driving me slightly mad! Maybe test in a couple weeks if still no period - good luck!

amyleighhx Tue 29-Aug-17 20:43:40

Thought it was too early! Really odd not bleeding when usually I bleed straight away hmm. Will wait and see what happens then I guess! smile.

Casmama Tue 29-Aug-17 20:47:24

I have two kids and both times I came off cerazette it took 6-7 weeks to have a period. The good news is that I started trying after that first period and got pregnant the first month with both of them.

I always used to bleed as soon as I came off the combined pill but it seems to be different with the progesterone only ones.

I did also get a lot of the symptoms you describe but think they were withdrawal symptoms.

Good luck TTC

amyleighhx Tue 29-Aug-17 20:54:47

I've been on Cerazette for a while and bled on that when I missed a pill. Fingers crossed it won't take too long! I'm hoping to be pregnant before Christmas. Fingers crossed smile

Armygirl Tue 29-Aug-17 22:38:07

I took my last pop on 24th July and I'm still waiting for my period 🙄 Just wish it would hurry up so I can get a normal cycle again.
Good luck

PGTips83 Wed 30-Aug-17 18:29:12

I also used to bleed when i missed a pill with cerazette, but - such is life - when i spotted taking it in April this year, it took five weeks for my first period. I too had similar symptoms to you, i felt awful! This was my fourth cycle ttc and we got our bfp almost two weeks ago! smile

Hang in there and best wishes! x

PGTips83 Wed 30-Aug-17 18:30:25

Spotted should read stopped, sorry!

physicskate Wed 30-Aug-17 18:44:59

amy - there is no reason not to hope to fall pregnant by Christmas, but just be aware that it is totally average to take up to a year to fall pregnant. It takes some people 6-12 months to regulate cycles after bcp!

I've been ttc 18 months... it's a marathon, not a sprint. Low expectations is my advice! Stop setting a 'deadline' even if it's a hope! I set myself a deadline for end of Nov after the last early mc, and that doesn't seem to be happening!!

amyleighhx Wed 30-Aug-17 18:47:31

Thanks everyone smile

Just going to keep my fingers crossed and see what happens! grin

amyleighhx Mon 18-Sep-17 11:08:40

Update: still waiting for period, been 32 days today! Hoping it will come soon! Had negative test on Saturday.

user1483387154 Mon 18-Sep-17 11:17:19

I got pregnant within 3 days of stopping cerazette. No bleed at all, my baby boy is now 11 weeks old

PJsAndProsecco Mon 18-Sep-17 11:17:42

OP just to say, I stopped my pill start of August, and just got AF this weekend. It was 5 weeks and pre-pill I was clockwork 28 day cycles. So hang in there, I was 36 days and starting to worry but it will come.
Now I'm curious to see if this cycle goes back to 28.....

amyleighhx Mon 18-Sep-17 12:26:05

Thanks girls :-) was hoping to get pregnant straight away but we will see! I will do another test end of this week if period doesn't turn up! It's such a horrible wait after coming off the pill!!

amyleighhx Mon 18-Sep-17 17:18:47

user1483387154 - how long after coming off the pill did you get your BFP?

LadyKat567 Mon 18-Sep-17 17:27:50

Hi ladies! Mind if I follow along. I took my last cerelle pill on Friday. I have on cerrazette/cerelle for pretty much 17 years. For years I had no periods at all but in the last couple of years or so I seem to getting more and more. I think this is since it went to cerelle but my gp assures me that they are exactly the same hmm
Anyway, I just had a period and stopped the pill on the first day so was at the start of an new cycle. Have no idea what my body is going to do now as it's probably pretty confused after 17 years but will wait and see!

Oysterbabe Mon 18-Sep-17 17:31:45

It was 39 days before I got a period after Cerazette.

amyleighhx Mon 18-Sep-17 17:37:05

I got changed to Cerelle a few years ago and I had problems on it too, period, headaches etc. I told them I need to go back on Cerazette and they let me!

amyleighhx Thu 28-Sep-17 14:16:16

Update!

I’ve finally started AF, 6 weeks later! :-)

Armygirl Thu 28-Sep-17 18:59:50

Amyleigh yay to us! I finally got my period today too 9 weeks after taking my last pill!

amyleighhx Thu 28-Sep-17 19:20:25

Yayyy!! I forgot what this felt like after like 6 years not having one, yuck sad

LadyKat567 Thu 28-Sep-17 20:11:49

Wooo!! Great news! Do you think it was a withdrawal bleed or normal period? Guessing a withdrawal bleed would've happened sooner?

amyleighhx Thu 28-Sep-17 20:40:27

I think it’s deffo a period! Hoping my cycle gets back to normal fast! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now