Talk

Advanced search

Yet another "is this a positive test?" thread

(16 Posts)
user1470643189 Tue 22-Aug-17 09:05:00

Hello ladies,

Lurker here - rarely post - but I'd like your help!

Last night, I did a onestep test as we have been on honeymoon, having sex every day and my husband had a hunch that I was pregnant (already), which I found ludicrous. We are 13 days past ovulation. My period is due in 2 days.

The first time, I waited a couple of minutes - nothing - so I threw it in the bin. However, around 15 mins later, I took it out to show my husband the negative and there was a line. I know about evaporation lines so I said I'd do a new test the next day.

I did a new test this morning and this was the result, after 5 minutes.

What do we think?

TheRealCurlySue Tue 22-Aug-17 09:09:27

That's a positive! Congratulations!

emilyjayne1990 Tue 22-Aug-17 09:14:21

Definitely positive! Congratulations! X

Frazzled2207 Tue 22-Aug-17 09:23:41

I would be cautious if it took 5 minutes to come up but nonetheless looks very positive to me. I did countless negatives in the past and none of them ever magically came up with a line after the time limit.

Frazzled2207 Tue 22-Aug-17 09:24:28

Re evap lines by the way they are always greyish- if it's definitely pink then it's not an evap line

Sunshinesaz86 Tue 22-Aug-17 09:26:01

That looked exactly like my first positive test, I took a first response later the same day and it was a super strong line!

Congratulations x x

rebbykay Tue 22-Aug-17 09:56:42

Thanks all (it's still me; I just worked out how to change my username).

The first test - I don't know when the line appeared, but the second one - the line appeared about a minute in, very faintly, and then gradually became that.

Both lines on both tests are pink, although some sites say that evap lines can be any colour, hence wanting to check. I've done the same test in the past and looked at it hours later, only to see no line.

We literally just got married two weeks ago! I thought I'd have months as I have endo and I've struggled with heavy periods my whole life.

Argh! It's a blessing as I'm 33 and didn't want months of trying, but also a lot quicker than I expected... I've made an appt with my doc next Wednesday. At least I'll know for sure by then if my period doesn't arrive.

Thank you all xx

Lucked Tue 22-Aug-17 10:02:35

You probably don't need to see your doctor, give it till after your period is due then speak to your practice about seeing a midwife.

rebbykay Tue 22-Aug-17 10:19:05

Really, Lucked? My surgery said I should def make an appointment, so I did. I guess I can just ask him what's what - we went to see him when we decided we wanted to start trying. He's a great GP.

Malters87 Tue 22-Aug-17 10:43:42

I'd say early positive!!!! How exciting. Obv check once period is due too. Maybe too early for congratulations but definite fingers crossed!!!

Malters87 Tue 22-Aug-17 10:45:43

Ps I didn't have to see a doctor. But that's what the surgery told me. You can just book in to see midwife nearer 10-12 weeks online. Maybe your GP is different, or has more time to see you! I would go anyway. Good chance to discuss things.

curliegirlie Tue 22-Aug-17 11:19:47

It varies from practice to practice. At my doctor's I'd need to get a booking in appointment via the GP...

Frazzled2207 Tue 22-Aug-17 11:21:27

It does vary, around here you self refer yourself to a midwife, who sees you for the first time at
8-9 weeks

curliegirlie Tue 22-Aug-17 11:21:50

(In early pregnancy anyway. When we moved to this area and I was 36 weeks pregnant they just added me onto the midwives list!!)

Congratulations Rebbykay - that's amazing news!

rebbykay Wed 23-Aug-17 10:54:39

So I did a digital test today (the day before my period is due) that says I am 1-2 weeks pregnant! Argh! This is awesome and also terrifying. X

Cloudwalk Wed 23-Aug-17 17:09:23

Congrats flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now