Talk

Advanced search

Opk.... your eyes needed please

(12 Posts)
Alpinebetony9911 Thu 17-Aug-17 17:58:11

Hi all,
So I bought some opk tests and they were on the door mat when I got home. I have really random cycles so thought I would merrily wee on the stick as it were and see what happened.

As this is all new to us we are fumbling through the instruction leaflet as I type.... husband convinced this is a negative and thinks he can have the night off.... I'm convinced something is happening either about to happen or has just happened and I think we should go at it...

Opinions please ladies do I settle in for a night in front of the TV or hop into bed?

MouseLove Thu 17-Aug-17 18:10:46

That's a negative. BUT. keep testing over the next few days. Remember to hold wee for a few hours and test between 10am-8pm. What CD is today?

MouseLove Thu 17-Aug-17 18:11:49

Forgot to say. Sex every other day of your cycle and then every day when you get a positive is the best approach. Gives you more of a chance!

Alpinebetony9911 Thu 17-Aug-17 18:14:10

Oh brewcake in front of the tv it is then!
Even though there is a line there? Does it have to be as strong as the test line then?! hmm
Sorry to be so dumb CD? (This is all new to meblush) x

Alpinebetony9911 Thu 17-Aug-17 18:16:09

Funny you should say they, that's the approach we were going with but we bought the sticks partly because we didn't have any idea when I was ovulating because my AF has been so random but also because we were struggling with keeping pace with every second day blush

dowhatyouwish Thu 17-Aug-17 18:23:35

The line needs to be as darker or darker than the test line. There will always be a second line. Good luck x

Alpinebetony9911 Thu 17-Aug-17 18:33:05

Ahhh well, at least the husband gets the night off!

Stee1 Thu 17-Aug-17 18:34:00

This is mine been getting slightly darker since I came off. Unsure of cycles as had my first one in 8 years after ectopic x

Stee1 Thu 17-Aug-17 18:35:34

Should add I had the implant then got pregnant straight away ended up ectopic. Sounded like I'd had my first one after ectopic 8 years ago lol x

Florence16 Thu 17-Aug-17 19:21:05

I actually use FMU, if I tested at 10am this cycle I'd have missed my surge.

Positives are as dark or darker than the control usually smile

MouseLove Thu 17-Aug-17 22:08:25

It's not recommended to use FMU with cheapie OPK. Only the clear blue.

Keep testing and bonking!! 🤘

Florence16 Fri 18-Aug-17 06:10:55

I know it's not recommended, but after some reading around there are plenty of others who would have also missed their surge had they not.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now