Talk

Advanced search

Good cheapie pregnancy tests?

(10 Posts)
babybaker1 Sat 12-Aug-17 19:39:16

Are the cheap packs of pregnancy tests on amazon any good? I've got some decent first responses and clear blue digitals but am hesitant at using these every time because they are so expensive! Will the cheapies show a positive a couple of days before I'm due? Thanks in advance

AmiShaw Sat 12-Aug-17 19:50:39

Yeah ! Mine from this week (I think I'm 4 weeks -ish)

AmiShaw Sat 12-Aug-17 19:51:42

Yesterday's and today's

babybaker1 Sat 12-Aug-17 22:09:24

Amazing, thank you smile congratulations on your bfp!!! grin

CaptWentworth Sat 12-Aug-17 22:20:06

I was seriously disappointed with the Amazon 10mIU ones I bought. Loads of false negatives. On the day my period was due I tested with a Superdrug 25mIU one and got a bfp. The apparently more sensitive Amazon cheapie never gave me a positive. He's now sleeping in the cot beside me hmm

dowhatyouwish Sun 13-Aug-17 08:55:12

Yep. Cheapie have me a BFP on Wednesday and I am due today/tomorrow

TurquoiseDress Sun 13-Aug-17 09:36:20

I've always used the One step pregnancy tests- v cheap in bulk off Amazon, they often use them at the GP surgery and in A&E

Have found them fine although in the past when I got a BFP it was at least a week or two after AF due. Have not yet got another BFP after more than a year of trying, have on/off tested a few days before period, but AF has always turned up!

Not sure how early you can test with them, unlikely to be the same as the pricey FRER/Clearblue tests.

Myalterego1 Sun 13-Aug-17 09:45:00

These are my results from cheap internet ones on cd 25/26&27 today they looking positive but lines are so faint ... I've used a lot over the last 6 months and had a lot of clear as snow ones so I'm hoping they are bfp

AmiShaw Mon 14-Aug-17 18:46:14

Turquoisedress my dates would put me at 6 weeks when I got bfp with these tests too!
And to the other lady yes the tests are positive congrats

TurquoiseDress Tue 15-Aug-17 00:25:56

I've re-read my post and when I say I got BFP with the cheapie sticks about a week or two after AF was due, I mean that I didn't test at all until then, not that the tests showed BFP.

So I've actually no idea how soon those cheapie tests would show up!

April last year I was waiting for my period to show up after finishing my last packet before TTC.

Didn't test til CD41 as I simply thought my cycle was simply all over the place post-pregnant. I was actually pregnant blush

Oh how I wish for some of that naivety now!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now