Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant on implant? Help!

(2 Posts)
user1499629977 Sun 09-Jul-17 21:54:08

I've also posted in pregnancy but no luck!

Hi

I had the implant fitted nearly 2 years ago. Recently though, over the past 6 or so weeks, I have been feeling very nauseous through the day and late at night after eating (normal portion sizes etc), at work on Friday I had extremely sore boobs and I have put on a noticeable amount of weight since these symptoms began. My belly has grown slightly but in more of a baby bump way than the normal putting on weight way ifyswim.

My partner and I have done a pregnancy test 2 or so weeks ago but it was negative. Although my eye sight is poor so if it's early days I might not have noticed a faint line.

Also since being on the implant I have had very irregular periods, sometimes they'd come on heavy as hell, the next it's barely anything maybe light bits of bleeding here and there, but I've noticed that I haven't had a period for a reeaaaallly long time, not even the slightest bit of blood.

I'm confused, I know I need to do another preg test but I wondered if any of you have ever conceived while on the implant and the like? I know they say there's a very small chance, but let's face it, no one ever expects it to be them that gets caught out!

Any advice is gratefully received smile

ScarletSienna Sun 09-Jul-17 22:01:59

I have had the implant for 15 years and only got pregnant when I had it removed. I also didn't have periods whilst it was in but had a few odd months where I had light spotting and some period like symptoms (bloating etc).
If I remember correctly, it's rare (just less than 1:100 I think) and if you do get pregnant there's a slightly higher risk of ectopic pregnancy so best to check asap.

Good luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now