Talk

Advanced search

There's only a minuscule chance, right? Is it too early to take a test?

(12 Posts)
AllFakeFurCoatAndNoSpanx Sun 09-Jul-17 06:59:38

My DP and I use condoms. We are due to start TTC first baby after our wedding and once DP has completed PHD (so I have been lurking on here and daydreaming a bit!) so in around 6 months. I am 34.

We got carried away and had unprotected sex four weeks ago. Sorry for TMI but DP did not finish inside me. According to my tracking app, this was 4 days before my fertile window. My period was due 2 days ago and nada. My average cycle is 27 days and this is 31 so far, so late but not unheard of.

I know it is highly unlikely, but not impossible...it wouldn't be the best timing, DP is finishing his PHD and only has sporadic tutoring work and I have spent a bloody fortune on very tight wedding dress! but I can't help but feel a bit excited. I think. Excited and scared. I feel queasy but I am sure it is psychosomatic. No other symptoms e.g. sore boobs. I am v tetchy and knackered but that's normal for me when period is due (and at end of long academic year- teacher.)

Am I being ridiculous? There's only a teeny tiny chance isn't there? Is it too early to take a test? It is, isn't it? <sits on hands>

Mulch Sun 09-Jul-17 07:02:45

Take a test! My nails grew like crazy straight away but no other symptoms

FourForYouGlenCoco Sun 09-Jul-17 07:16:45

Definitely test - if you're already late on your period you can take one any time of day. First response early result are best, get thee down to a shop when they open today!
Oh and if you are pregnant, in the big scheme of things, 6 months difference is nothing, honestly. Not ideal timing but definitely not bad either. You'll be absolutely fine smile

Noisybastardsshutup Sun 09-Jul-17 07:18:30

I think you need to test.

AllFakeFurCoatAndNoSpanx Sun 09-Jul-17 07:23:13

Oh god I thought everyone would say it wasn't my fertile time and DP pulled out and I am not even that late and to stop being silly

Eeeeeeeek

HumpHumpWhale Sun 09-Jul-17 07:25:05

Yeah, that's not that unlikely. I would test.

AllFakeFurCoatAndNoSpanx Sun 09-Jul-17 07:26:37

Thank you FourForYou! (Love a Mean Girls reference!) I don't know why but a part of me feels like a panicked teenager who would be scared to tell my parents! Have to remember I am a grown up in stable relationship etc!

AllFakeFurCoatAndNoSpanx Sun 09-Jul-17 07:28:24

Right thank you sensible people I will get down to Boots at 9 and update!

AllFakeFurCoatAndNoSpanx Sun 09-Jul-17 07:30:10

Ugh sorry what lot of exclamation marks. I am not an exclamatory person. I need to calm down...

Hamsolo Sun 09-Jul-17 07:34:30

I was thinking it's pretty unlikely until you said you were 4 days late. There's a chance all right!

Vagndidit Sun 09-Jul-17 09:43:48

Have ya been to Boots yet, Op? ;)

AllFakeFurCoatAndNoSpanx Sun 09-Jul-17 10:00:12

Hi! It's a clear negative. Despite all my bluster about how unlikely it was I was pregnant, I feel weirdly surprised- I think I convinced myself on the cycle ride there and back...

Ah well. I do feel a bit deflated but at least now I know I really do want this! and I get to wear my wedding dress

Thanks for all the replies. I'll be back on here in six months, fingers crossed! flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now