Talk

Advanced search

Fertile Week?

(9 Posts)
BabiesOnTheBrain1 Fri 07-Jul-17 21:01:55

This is my first cycle off the pill and have vaguely tried to track it and pay attention to signs from my body.

I see a lot of threads on here relating to fertile week and I wondered when that was? The first week after the end of your period, before the two week wait?

So on a regular 28 day cycle, on what CD's would be most recommended to have sex? This month we have DTD on 8/10/13/14/16, now on CD18, but I'm unsure how long my cycle will be...

HughAndCry Fri 07-Jul-17 21:08:49

To be honest, if you're only just starting TTC, I wouldn't worry about tracking things.. chances are that you'll get pregnant pretty soon without trying (i.e. just having regular sex).

And only if not happening would I start learning about fertility etc

HughAndCry Fri 07-Jul-17 21:09:37

sorry just realised mine was a useless post in reply to your post, as it completely failed to ask your question, and gave you advice you weren't seeking!
sorry!

BabiesOnTheBrain1 Fri 07-Jul-17 21:12:00

Haha Hugh! Thanks anyway for the reply! We're trying to be relaxed about it, but would still like to know that we're DTD at round about the correct time smile would be a shame to miss it completely due to ignorance of how my cycle should work!

PrimeraVez Fri 07-Jul-17 21:18:21

Your most fertile days are around the day you ovulate. This is normally around the middle of your cycle, so somewhere around day twelve to sixteen in a twenty eight day cycle. In reality, it can vary from woman to woman and the best way to pin point ovulation is by tracking your cerivcal mucus, using OPKs or by charting your temperature each morning.

But honestly, I would just chill out and have lots of regular sex throughout your cycle before you get too suckered into all of the above. I say this from my own experiences!

HughAndCry Fri 07-Jul-17 21:19:29

I think you ovulate (broadly speaking) some 13 - 15 days after the start of your period....

so, for most women, fertile period is probably somewhere halfway through their cycle. If you bear that broad rule in mind and DTD every over day over that period, then if you have no fertility problems, it should happen very soon!

BabiesOnTheBrain1 Fri 07-Jul-17 21:36:07

Very helpful responses there, thank you both smile hopefully we've timed it right this cycle!

SpicyBeanzy Fri 07-Jul-17 22:32:57

Sounds like your doing it right anyway. So day 1 is the first day of your period, and then from day 8 through to 20 just do it every second day, and you've a very good chance. As other posters have said, it's very easy to become obsessed with tracking, so try the more relaxed approach first

BabiesOnTheBrain1 Sat 08-Jul-17 08:21:56

That's really good to know Spicy, thanks smile will try and DTD again today and hopefully will have covered ovulation!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now