Talk

Advanced search

Is DTD during fertile window pointless without CM?

(9 Posts)
IfeelFloopy Fri 07-Jul-17 18:14:09

My partner and I are currently TTC and so far this month we have had sex CD10 and CD12. My cycle is usually between 27 and 29 days. We were unable to try yesterday (CD14) but will again tonight.

According to what I have read, we are already have a chance of conceiving due to those dates. When I checked myself (CD13) I felt no CM. I felt dry in fact.

So my question is this. Is it possible to conceive without CM? Everything I have read says that the sperm will swim and lie in wait. How is this possible without CM? Or is it just that CM is often around for longer in the run up? I will be 34 soon and I'm aware that it can decrease with age.

I feel like we may have missed the chance this month what with not being able to have sex last night. My cervix feels different yesterday/today and there is more CM though is feels more watery than egg white.

Iamchanging Fri 07-Jul-17 19:30:32

I've never had any CM in my life and am currently 11 weeks pregnant if that is helpful!

SpicyBeanzy Fri 07-Jul-17 19:35:41

No I don't think it's 100% necessary, but I think it helps. You could also try 'pre-seed' to do the job for you.

IfeelFloopy Fri 07-Jul-17 20:13:34

Congrats Changing smile. Did you track your CM through the month to discover that? I feel like that wouldn't happen for me!

We are currently using a fertility lube from boots but tend to use a minimal amount just for comfort more than anything. It's so slippery it's unreal so there's almost no friction when using the guideline amount. Maybe we should up the amount regardless.

Bumponhead Fri 07-Jul-17 20:30:59

I found that I had no CM after my miscarriage (had before) so after 3 months of trying with no CM we used pre-seed and got pregnant straight away so might be worth trying!

MozzchopsThirty Fri 07-Jul-17 20:34:02

OP can I ask if you or your partner have fertility issues or have been trying for a longtime?

forfucksakejanet Fri 07-Jul-17 21:53:53

I'm never had any signs of CM changing, especially not to 'fertile consistency '

Currently 34+5 with dc2. I tracked ov with CB digital after 11 months of using strip opks and got preggers that month!

MaisyPops Fri 07-Jul-17 21:56:35

I've wondered this.

I get a little more watery but this egg white consistency isn't something I get. Good to know it's not going to stop us conceiving automatically.

IfeelFloopy Fri 07-Jul-17 22:03:57

We have been trying for 4 months so It's still early days. I am soon to be 34 and my partner is 41 and neither of us have children.

Actually the reason we couldn't DTD yesterday was because after checking my cervix I had horrible cramps and it just wouldn't have been possible. I'm wondering if it was sensitive due to ovulation.

I was told in Jan 2016 that I have endometriosis but it was minimal and treated. Thankfully it was also not on/near my reproductive parts.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now