Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

IVF Stories please x

(7 Posts)
Blushme Fri 07-Jul-17 10:46:13

Hello.... sorry there may be lots of these on here. Going for my nurses consultation today. After the appointment with our consultant the other day I felt funny... excited but funny. I am lucky to be in the bracket with a 50% success rate but what about the other 50%, all I can think is what if IVF doesnt work for us. Im being negative before it's even begun, any stories positive or negative welcome please xxx

SpicyBeanzy Fri 07-Jul-17 22:42:17

I worked with a girl who had 2 successful ivf babies... 2 gorgeous little sons, a couple of years apart. Best of luck!

welshweasel Fri 07-Jul-17 22:47:11

We were given similar odds to you. Did one cycle. Short protocol, surgical sperm retrieval, ICSI. Got 4 blastocysts, had one put back and three frozen. DS now 17 months old.

Whole cycle from starting to getting a positive test took about 5 weeks. Physically it was fine, I took one day off work following egg collection but otherwise no issues. Emotionally it was hard as we had a number of problems with the cycle and it almost got cancelled but it was short lived and nothing compared with those going through multiple cycles I'm sure. We paid privately and it ended up costing a lot more than the initial estimates.

Clickncollect Fri 07-Jul-17 22:53:18

We created 5 embryos during our IVF - the first didn't implant so we went back a few months later and had 2 transferred. One took and we are forever grateful to have a 1 year old DS.
I remember the feelings of excitement and fear well and I wish you the very best of luck with your treatment x

StormyLovesOdd Fri 07-Jul-17 22:59:41

We only had a 12 percent chance of IVF working for us plus we had to pay and I knew we could only afford one attempt. Our daughter will be 10 in December smile.

Just do everything you can to give yourself the best chance and try to be positive about it.

Both me and DH ate really health and avoided alcohol for 12 months before our IVF attempt. DH also had a few months of acupuncture to help his swimmers before the IVF.

I've got no idea if any of it helped but we were very lucky it worked first time for us and I wanted to know we'd given it our best shot if it hadn't worked.

Good luck

Hollyandtheiveee Fri 07-Jul-17 23:15:16

The best advice I had was to view it as a possible long journey rather than just a cycle. Most people are successful after several cycles, so be prepared for that. Of course, you might get lucky after one! It's an exciting, emotional, exhausting rollercoaster. But so worth it if it works out in the end. Best of luck!

Blushme Sun 09-Jul-17 13:31:31

Thank you all, makes me feel emotional just reading those.
My husband is such a positive person, I'm an over thinker!
Stormy - have been looking into acupuncture, may give that a go thanks. Welsh - that's good to know about time off as think that's also making my anxiety around the whole thing worse. Excited to get going with it. Thanks again xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now