Talk

Advanced search

Shettles Method

(5 Posts)
LDN17 Wed 05-Jul-17 21:48:20

I am very lucky to have boys, but I really want a girl too. For our fourth and final baby, we want to maximise our chances of having a girl. Has anyone tried the Shettles Method when trying for a girl, and been successful?
Any top tips?

TIA smile

m33r Wed 05-Jul-17 22:11:39

We didn't try it but I know I conceived this LB a couple of days before ov so that would mean if we were trying for a girl, it wouldn't have worked for us

AngharadTheSplendid Thu 06-Jul-17 01:25:54

I have the book 'the impatient woman's guide to getting pregnant' and there's a whole chapter about how the shettles method actually works the opposite way. So in fact more girls are conceived closer to the day of ovulation. I have two DDs and dtd both times the day of ov and the 7 days leading up to it! So no idea which day it was.

Writerwannabe83 Thu 06-Jul-17 07:54:42

Have a Google about the impact of having either an acid or alkaline womb environment and how that can effect the gender of the baby. It may have more scientific base than the Shettles Method which personally I'm not convinced by.

Writerwannabe83 Thu 06-Jul-17 07:55:10

*sex of the baby I meant to say, not the gender.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now