Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Miscarriage support thread

(6 Posts)
LeannieRVN Wed 05-Jul-17 15:48:44

So, I was part of a couple of conception threads, then excitely graduated to the pregnancy boards a month ago......but now it's all gone wrong, I can't find a miscarriage support thread, apart from the multiple one, and thus is my first. I thought maybe there might be other souls going through this, and we could help each other through this.
My story so far...
I went for an early scan, at exactly 7 weeks 2 days ago. I hadn't had many symptoms but everyone kept telling me I was just 'one of the lucky ones'. I'm a vet nurse and we scan and blood everything at the earliest opportunity (pets get private, gold standard care like people in do in America!). So I couldn't imagine why wouldn't do this for my human pregnancy. hmm
I've also been very anxious because I'm 40, so needed reassurance.
Sadly, the gestational sac measured 4+ weeks, and was empty. The sonographer thought we may have our dates incorrect, but we've not done the deed since our calculated conception date. It was obvious the pregnancy had stopped developing 2.5 weeks ago.
She also found that I have huge fibroids. So large that my uterus looks like I've had multiple pregnancies. It was my first. They've pushed the little sac out of where it should be.
I've been going to the Dr for years about my periods, migraines, anaemia but been fobbed off with blood clotters.
Such a hard pill to swallow, knowing a quick scan could have diagnosed it years ago and my bean may have stuck.
I'm off to the hospital for 2nd bloods to monitor my hcg levels. Obviously I'm expecting then to be dropping. They're also doing another scan tomorrow, to confirm the sad news.
It's such very sad time

LoveRainbow02 Wed 05-Jul-17 15:59:58

So sorry you are going through this 💐. It really is heartbreaking. Just give yourself time to grieve and rest. Although you may not think it now, it will get better in time.

I had a mc in Feb after ttc for 2 years. Like you mines was similar. I started spotting, had hcg levels checked, scanned the next day and all it showed was an empty gestational sac and midwife thought I had my dates wrong. I was measuring a week behind. Day after that I passed the baby at home 😔.

Also I'm sorry your gp hasn't really taken you seriously regarding your periods, anemia etc. Like you said this could have all been prevented.

MouseLove Wed 05-Jul-17 16:56:14

I'm so sorry for your loss. There is a dedicated pregnancy loss board where you'll find unfortunately many many threads you can join. We're all a supportive bunch, so hop on over. Xxx

keeponrunning85 Wed 05-Jul-17 17:23:55

So sorry you're going through this.

Just to add to MouseLove's post, the miscarriage/pregnancy loss board is tucked away in body and soul. There's lots of us there for support.

JamesSpaderMadeMeDoIt Wed 05-Jul-17 18:02:49

flowers sending hugs

LeannieRVN Wed 05-Jul-17 20:47:11

Thank you everyone for your nice messages.
LoveRainbow I'm so sorry to hear of your tough time. How cruel. Sending you strength and fortitude.

I'm still finding my mumsnet feet, and wasn't able to find a suppirt group thread on this, so I'm very grateful to be pointed in the right direction. I'll see you there. Thank you xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now