Talk

Advanced search

When's the best time to get pregnant? Use our interactive ovulation calculator to work out when you're most fertile and most likely to conceive.

Recurrent miscarriage- positive stories?

(10 Posts)
choochooo Wed 05-Jul-17 07:36:56

I think I'm miscarrying at 7 weeks. I've got a scan today but I expect they will tell me baby is gone. It will be my 3rd mc this year and my 5th in total. I have a DS and I'm so grateful for him but I'm desperate for a 2nd baby and we've been ttc for 14 months.

In the last 6 months I've had a mmc at 10 weeks and a very early mc at 3 weeks.

I'm starting to feel like it's not happening and perhaps we should stop. Are there any positive stories after recurrent mc please? I need some hope.

LisaSimpsonsbff Wed 05-Jul-17 09:15:58

I'm really sorry to hear of your losses - and hoping that you get better news than you're expecting today. I don't have a positive story (I'm currently in a similar place to you - three miscarriages, waiting for testing but feeling hopeless) but I think you might have a better chance of getting those if you post in pregnancy. Most women here are still trying, so their happy ending is yet to come! I've also found the miscarriage/pregnancy loss board a really helpful place, though again most women there are still in the midst of it rather than happily out the other side.

choochooo Wed 05-Jul-17 16:16:45

Thank you. Sending you some positive thoughts too flowers

m33r Wed 05-Jul-17 20:07:12

It took us 20months to conceive our DS with not a hint of BFP.

Started trying right away after we had him and I got pg 3 months after stopping BF-big. I mc at 8 weeks. Got pg again 3 months later and had a cp. got pg the next cycle and mc at 6/7weeks. Got pg 5 months after that and am now 35+2. There was no rhyme nor reason to any of it so just try to hang in there. I obvs consider myself to be very lucky now and it is not easy but it can be just bad luck and it can work out ok xxx

PacificDogwod Wed 05-Jul-17 20:10:25

I had 4 MMCs and also have 4 DCs (3x MC, 3 live births, 1 MC, 1 live birth).

There is hope.
The way I saw it, I either continued taking the risk of MC and hope for the best or just stopped altogether.

I was very well supported by a Recurring Miscarriage Clinic - Have you had any investigations.

WineGummyBear Wed 05-Jul-17 20:18:21

Really sorry to hear that OP. It's rough. Awful.

I got a lot of support from the reccurrent miscarriage board (in body and soul section). There's a lot of us go through this, alas.

1 DS
3 miscarriages
standard investigations found nothing
3 more miscarriages
Took a year off trying (against my will but mental health wouldn't permit me to continue)
Joined TABLET trial. Went to implantation clinic in Coventry. Followed both protocols.
1 DS

Good luck OP.

choochooo Thu 06-Jul-17 06:15:10

Thanks so much all for sharing your stories. Love to all of you for what you've had to go through.

I haven't had help yet from the RMC because I have to have 3 consecutive losses to fit their criteria. If I lose this pregnancy then I will be able to get help.

I had scan yesterday which shows two gestational sacs which each have a yolk sac. No fetal poles. They have said they can't tell me yet whether the pregnancy is not viable as it may be that babies are just too small. Both sacs measuring small for my dates but this pregnancy was straight after a mc so although I know when I ovulated the cycle may have been irregular.

I've got to go back for scan in a week. In my heart I think it's over as I have no symptoms anymore.

choochooo Thu 06-Jul-17 06:16:39

I think as long as there is a chance of a baby we will keep going. I'm 37 though and starting to worry its never going to happen.

hungrytillater Thu 06-Jul-17 06:23:02

flowersI'm really sorry to hear this. Following ds1 I has 3 consecutive miscarriages. After that I had a year off trying and they did some tests (inconclusive). When I started trying again I got pregnant with ds2. Are you being offered any tests? I know how awful it feels but there is every chance it will happen.

choochooo Thu 06-Jul-17 07:34:25

I couldn't have tests before this mc because wasn't meeting their criteria as you have to have 3 consecutive mcs. I'll be able to get help if this one ends in mc which I think it will.

I can't afford the time to take a year off unfortunately due to my age sad

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: