Talk

Advanced search

Can the mirena cause a false positive?

(13 Posts)
olaflikeswarmhugs Tue 27-Jun-17 20:07:24

Second thread tonight sorry but I can't help myself I need to obssess. Can the mirena give a false positive? I don't even know if it is positive as it's so faint but it came up straight away...

Cookie1831 Tue 27-Jun-17 20:17:11

No it can't I can see a line but it is very far from the control?

olaflikeswarmhugs Tue 27-Jun-17 20:22:58

Does that matter Cookie? Do you think there's something wrong with the test?

Cookie1831 Tue 27-Jun-17 20:26:45

Not sure lovely never used those sort of tests x

physicskate Tue 27-Jun-17 21:32:46

Agreed strange location of the second line.

In answer to the other, no mirena cannot cause a false positive. Only certain fertility treatments can....

olaflikeswarmhugs Tue 27-Jun-17 21:46:57

I see what you mean. I advanced searched my thread when ttc dc3. On the left is my bfp with dc3. The right is the test I took tonight.

3luckystars Tue 27-Jun-17 21:49:07

I can see a line.
I don't think they can cause false positives.

Go and get a blood test to be sure. Good luck x

alabasterangel Tue 27-Jun-17 21:53:03

Get a digital test OP. FWIW I think that's a positive. I know two babies conceived with mirenas in so it's possible.

Were you having cycles at all or no bleeds? Any idea how far you may theoretically be? What triggered you to test?

olaflikeswarmhugs Tue 27-Jun-17 22:07:40

Tbh I've just been feeling a bit off.. heartburn, constipation, mood swings. Having irregular bleeds but haven't had one in about 6ish weeks. Had some spotting a few days ago that o thought was going yo be a period but it didn't come to anything.

olaflikeswarmhugs Tue 27-Jun-17 23:45:20

alabasterangel the babies that you know who wrre conceived despite mirena... what happened ? Do they just take the mirena out? Is that not risky though ?

alabasterangel Wed 28-Jun-17 22:22:52

They left the mirena in and both babies were fine, the mirena came out at delivery with no adverse effects whatsoever. I was told by both mums that the low level steady dose of hormone supplied by the mirena is quickly 'overwhelmed' by the natural pregnancy hormones and all was fine.

How are you today? Have you retested?

olaflikeswarmhugs Thu 29-Jun-17 10:58:37

I haven't taken another one yet. I've decided I don't want to know just yet I'm too scared.

alabasterangel Thu 29-Jun-17 22:09:22

Would it help to explain why are you so worried about it being positive? Presuming the possibility isn't welcomed. Have you still got symptoms?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now