Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Crazy horny after coming off the pill

(4 Posts)
SaltyBitch Tue 27-Jun-17 19:30:29

Hi all,

I came off the pill (Cerazatte) about 2 months ago after ten years to ttc.

Felt like a fog had been lifted when I came off. Was off sex, skin was bad and always feeling a bit down but that could be attributed to general life, sick parents, work things.

Anyway, I had my period about 5 weeks in. Before I started I had banging headaches and felt dizzy in waves. This carried on throughout my period and for a week after.

Since this cleared up I've been absolutely insatiable. I'm almost certainly ovulating at the moment (having stabbing pains in my left ovary area) but I've never felt this horny in my life. DP (as one might imagine after months of me being off sex) is over the moon. Ttc like rabbits, etc.

I just wanted to canvas opinion - is this spike in sex drive normal? It is honestly all I can think about. Not only with DP - every time I see an attractive bloke in the street all I want to do is jump his bones (I won't DP, don't worry!)

Has anybody else experienced similar? When will I be back to 'normal'? I can't keep up with feeling like this!

monkeyfacegrace Tue 27-Jun-17 19:32:28

Yep, totally normal.

I was on the pill, plus antidepressants for 10 years. I thought my clit was dead.

Came off all of it a few months ago and now I'm like IT WORKS!

Mrsjones17 Tue 27-Jun-17 19:34:21

Yep! I came off cerazette 3 years ago as it was doing nothing good for me particularly my hormones and skin and made my anxiety worse. Anyway it turns out it's a great contraceptive pill as not only did it make me look and feel like crap but also lowered my sex drive to almost nothing!! As soon as I can off it things improved and took about 12 months to get totally back to normal with hormones and moods etc but sex drive returned back within weeks!

SaltyBitch Tue 27-Jun-17 19:38:38

Thank god I'm not a massive weirdo. I found myself Facebook stalking some old one night stands from uni this morning, just to reminisce blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now