Talk

Advanced search

When's the best time to get pregnant? Use our interactive ovulation calculator to work out when you're most fertile and most likely to conceive.

Opk advice

(7 Posts)
sillysausage16 Thu 15-Jun-17 08:01:20

Hi my dp and I are in our first month ttc and I've been tying to track my ovulation last month. Ive been using ovulation sticks but last month they showed nothing up. I probably didn't test enough.

On Monday I had my first line, a very faint one but I assumed it would get darker until I had a positive result, but yesterday and today I'm back to no line at all. I've used one step and clear blue and they both come out the same. Any ideas?

DT2016 Thu 15-Jun-17 08:27:13

Sorry, no answers re OPK as I have had success with them. I use the Clearblue fertility monitor.

Are you temping? That will tell you whether you are ovulating or not as your temp rises after ovulation until AF arrives, or stays elevated if you get a BFP. Might be worth trying if OPKs are proving tricky.

sillysausage16 Thu 15-Jun-17 08:32:37

No I haven't been temping. Il start doing that tomorrow. Thank you

sillysausage16 Thu 15-Jun-17 08:41:03

Is there a certain time of day you should test?

sillysausage16 Thu 15-Jun-17 20:20:44

These are my tests from this afternoon and tonight. There's defo a line back now? Or am I going mad?

sillysausage16 Thu 15-Jun-17 20:21:43

Apologies this is the right picture

McTufty Thu 15-Jun-17 21:12:38

They have to be equally as dark as control line to be positive. I'm afraid a faint line doesn't mean very much - there is always LH in the system, and it's only when it surges that it's a sigh of ovulation. Sorry OP. If it's any consolation I'm in the same boat and can't seem to get a positive.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: