Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

TTC and Zika (Summer 2017)

(8 Posts)
SaigonSaigon Sun 11-Jun-17 22:53:21

I know Zika is not in the news as much as it was last year, but obviously it still exists. Should anyone who is TTC avoid holidaying in those countries listed online in Europe - including Spain, France, Italy - as having some risk? I'd love to know what everyone out there is doing if in this situation. I'm probably in my last year of trying, due to age, so I can wait another year for a hot holiday, even though I'm completely gasping for one!

NoWordForFluffy Mon 12-Jun-17 06:20:28

There's plenty of places in Europe that will be safe. Have you checked the latest travel advice on the government's page? I can't see the countries on it that you've mentioned.

ecdc.europa.eu/en/healthtopics/zika_virus_infection/zika-outbreak/Pages/Zika-transmission-past-9-months.aspx

www.gov.uk/guidance/zika-virus-country-specific-risk#atoz

If this is your last chance to TTC, then I'd personally make that a priority, but I'm sure you can TTC and have a hot holiday!

eurochick Mon 12-Jun-17 06:37:36

I didn't think zika had reached the countries you mentioned yet, but it was thought that it likely would at some point. I wouldn't travel anywhere there have been cases of zika but would travel to the countries you mention.

Saz626 Mon 12-Jun-17 07:00:28

My sister is ttc and the travel agents advised her to stick with Europe with regards to avoiding the zika virus and didn't mention any of the above countries. X

Oysterbabe Mon 12-Jun-17 07:35:53

Spain is fine, just back from there and I'm pregnant.

JoJoSM2 Mon 12-Jun-17 07:47:38

We went on holidays to a country which wasn't on the list at the time of booking. We travelled only a month after booking the trip by which point it was in the axial zone. Currently waiting to get tested in another 3 weeks. You might want to book just before you fly to avoid such a situation.

JoJoSM2 Mon 12-Jun-17 07:48:02

*Zika not axial

SaigonSaigon Mon 12-Jun-17 09:41:41

Thanks for all your replies everyone. I reckon I must have been reading slightly old information online, as it seems Europe is pretty safe right now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now