Talk

Advanced search

TTC #2 is bloody hard!

(11 Posts)
RhiBee29 Sat 10-Jun-17 22:41:34

DS was conceived in the first cycle, I was thinner, younger and much less tired. 2.5 years later and giving him a sibling is proving to be tricky, now rolling into cycle 4. Anyone else in the same boat or anyone have anyone have any positive stories to give me a glimmer of hope?

physicskate Sat 10-Jun-17 22:49:53

You hit the jackpot first time round. Well done. It IS NOT that easy for everyone... so perhaps your expectations for number two were a bit coloured by that...

80% of people will conceive within a year, that includes any chemical pregnancies. So at cycle 4, you are well within that time frame. No need to fear anything wrong yet!

I've been ttc number 1 for 15 months...

user1488270932 Sat 10-Jun-17 23:07:01

Ttc number 2 since October. Bloody hard alright. Just have to keep positive attitude. Xx

Sazwest Sat 10-Jun-17 23:38:01

Ttc child nun 4 since start February.
I had a CP end of Feb. I fell with child 1 without even trying same with child 2 and my 3rd it took us 6 months. Xx

RhiBee29 Sun 11-Jun-17 08:20:32

Thanks everyone. It's nice to hear some positive stories and to know I'm not alone on this journey smile

Firenight Sun 11-Jun-17 08:23:13

It took years for DC2; 5 year DS between them.

Oysterbabe Sun 11-Jun-17 08:28:51

The main trouble I had with #2 was I couldn't be bothered to have sex, just too tired. We actually got there pretty quickly by tracking my cycles and using opks. We only DTD twice the month I conceived.

Chattycat78 Sun 11-Jun-17 08:34:58

Sorry, I'm not meaning to be mean, but 4 months is literally nothing. First time is extra lucky, and just because it hasn't happened like that second time, doesn't make it tricky. It can take a year or more in some cases, and every attempt at pregnancy is different. It's also different when you're run ragged by a toddler and tired!

Don't panic yet.

Impatientmummy36 Sun 11-Jun-17 20:55:47

Same here* rhibee*, I am also ttc #2, naively thought would happen fast again the second time round and it hasn't this time... cycle 5 now...

I'm not upset about this in itself, I'm just upset with myself for not starting ttc sooner because now I'm under pressure and the age gap widening between siblings (he's now 3) Also my age as I'm 36 xx

fernetbronco Sun 11-Jun-17 21:34:01

Took us no time at all with no.1, then maybe 9-10 months for no.2. Like you I despaired, but it happened in the end. I had a bit of acupuncture for a couple of months just before i conceived for 2nd time, which helped with some chronic pain and stress issues, couldn't say if it helped fertility but maybe it sped up body's recovery from no.1! I feel your pain, though - it was an agonising wait... good luck!

Rockandrollwithit Sun 11-Jun-17 21:41:37

I was the opposite - took over a year for DS1 and then first month of sort-of trying for DS2. I wouldn't worry after four months.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now