Talk

Advanced search

When's the best time to get pregnant? Use our interactive ovulation calculator to work out when you're most fertile and most likely to conceive.

Missed period, pregnancy symptoms but negative test

(5 Posts)
24hoursinER Mon 05-Jun-17 21:30:20

Sooooo. I have never missed a period. Normally my cycle is 31 days. Today is day 40. I feel sick, I have tugging feelings, I am exhausted, I have spots which I only get when pregnant.

BUT I took no risks. The only sex I had was 36 days ago, so about 11 days before expected ovulation. We used condoms. Nothing went wrong. And I have taken a test today, it was negative.

Could I still be pregnant or is that just mad thinking? I'm so confused.

WithCheesePlease Mon 05-Jun-17 21:37:44

It's hard to know, once I had a cycle of 45 days, just randomly out of the blue (or so I thought). Looking back, I was very stressed at the time with work and other personal issues, so I think that might have been the reason. I really thought I might have been pregnant, but all the tests were negative and they were right.

WithCheesePlease Mon 05-Jun-17 21:38:05

Do you think you're very stressed at the moment?

24hoursinER Mon 05-Jun-17 21:42:49

Thanks WithCheese. I haven't been stressed. I have vomited a few times this month. So maybe a bug has sent my cycle off, or maybe it was pregnancy vomiting!

JoJoSM2 Tue 06-Jun-17 08:38:21

Why don't you just go to the doctor? You've had some bad symptoms, haven't had unprotected sex, you tested negative etc. The logical conclusion would be that you might be suffering from something that needs a doctor's attention rather than pregnancy. I hope you feel better soon.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: